Brick to the face... How a ~15 year old sketch show exposes how modern day Western women think men should be.

Daps
As the title states. To make a long story short. As you know, recently a Somali-American woman was bricked by some dude. She screams for male protection, turns out she's a typical Western minded femi- blah blah blah, you know the rest.

It got me thinking about a UK sketch show called 'Touch Me, I'm Karen Taylor'. One of the recurring sketches on the show is... what most modern western women think men should be and act.

See for yourself and tell me that I'm lying.

Man, I dated myself. To be in my early twenties again... :wow:

Xcenai

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Caribbean
my face the entire time

Screen_Shot_2022-06-29_at_2.47.06_PM.png

Laidbackman

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Wasn't expecting to find this funny, but I kinda did. It took me back to the 70's, when men and women use to be able to laugh at each other all in fun.

Last edited:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Well done satire :ehh:
Who or what is the target of the satire?

Is the implication that women are like children that can't do things on their own and so need to whine for a man like a child whines for its mother?

Or is the implication that this is what men think women are like without them and the joke is how absurd it is for someone to think that attraction to women is what automatically makes someone good with using power tools, able to lift another adult, manage finances and work on vehicles?

Or is the joke that if you can't do those things you are not a man?

Now someone quote me and tell me I don't get it. :unimpressed:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Who or what is the target of the satire?

Is the implication that women are like children that can't do things on their own and so need to whine for a man like a child whines for its mother?

Or is the implication that this is what men think women are like without them and the joke is how absurd it is for someone to think that attraction to women is what automatically makes someone good with using power tools, able to lift another adult, manage finances and work on vehicles?

Or is the joke that if you can't do those things you are not a man?

Now someone quote me and tell me I don't get it. :unimpressed:

Or simply it's the self-confidence to be able to recognize your own foibles, laugh at them, laugh at yourself, in an effort to point out where there's room/a need for improvement, as @Laidbackman pointed out.

Not everything has to have a target for blame or pointless gender gotcha games.