British Actor Damson Idris Says he called on the devil to play his role in Snowfall

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Unless you're Eddie Murphy and Jamie Foxx's level talent wise it's hard to pull the accents off. Especially Black ones.
There’s no many actors who pull this off in tv and films constantlyI don’t expect someone from the UK to perfect a LA accent . That’s crazy enough he can do an American one. The point I am saying is that there was literally nothing about his character that resembled a LA cat to me. His character just was not believable. Like if one thing was good I can accept the other being bad. But I just saw a UK cat trying to act. People need to stop comparing the wire… but nobody knew Idris was from anything from Baltimore watching the wire until they found out later he was from the UK… The entire time I could tell this dude was acting. And again he is a phenomenal actor so I’m not hating. It’s really not about the accent. I’m saying his character wasn’t convincing at all. And at minimum we should have believed the basics being a LA drug dealer . Didn’t even believe that part

I’m not blaming him as a bad actor. He is a great actor. I think the script and direction (not main story) was bad and it was a miscast(didn’t fit the role)

Last edited:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
He seemed a bit out of his depth in that room…mostly by his own doing
Good eye. It also immediately makes me think of jay z who’s his OG, or LeBron, maverick Carter, etc. Any time they do these types of convos around each other it’s so hollow. Kevin hart is the same. Like they’re cosplaying as deep.

It’s the culture, we’re wired to fake it til you make, toot your own horn, etc.

This story he told probably killed at Roc nation brunch :francis:

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all n here talking about bu bu but it seemed like he was acting too much to me…um yeah, he’s an actor on a tv show :russ:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Yeah Omar wouldn’t have lasted long in real life, but at least he walked and talked like the real thing. The main characters in Snowfall sounded like actors trying to mimic an LA inner city accent, but they couldn’t sell it well enough.
To be fairrrr I believe Omar was supposed to die early on. They only kept him alive cuz he was a fan favorite. Not excusing it but Atleast the writers were aware that Jackboys have a short run

Jefferson Jackson

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Wave Rider
:francis: and then Lori Harvey entered his life....
kPjveBa.jpg