Browser Push Notifications

Smashius Clay

The Millennium Brotha I Be
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Perpetual World Traveler
I checked to see if there was a suggestions thread I could up but only say the one for the most recent update.

I was wondering if you all had considered adding push notifications as an option as an alternative for email? I think it can be useful for those of us who who should be working but are here. I envision it would be best if we could subscribe to specific notifications such as being @ed or replied to, etc.

Here's some info about a package that you can install:

[Free Add-on ] - Xenforo OneSignal Push Notifications - Now With Simple Install

I am aware of the security implications of 3rd party addons so this may be a crapshoot, but I wanted to bring it to your attention.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I checked to see if there was a suggestions thread I could up but only say the one for the most recent update.

I was wondering if you all had considered adding push notifications as an option as an alternative for email? I think it can be useful for those of us who who should be working but are here. I envision it would be best if we could subscribe to specific notifications such as being @ed or replied to, etc.

Here's some info about a package that you can install:

[Free Add-on ] - Xenforo OneSignal Push Notifications - Now With Simple Install

I am aware of the security implications of 3rd party addons so this may be a crapshoot, but I wanted to bring it to your attention.

We had the pushbullet notifications feature before and that was great, but it was causing too many issues with the site.