Bruhs I started working at this UPS job as a side hustle

Kurt off them percs

With Booker T wife
Daps
:whew: I remember them days. I could only work it for 4 months though. I was on the graveyard shift and it felt like slave labor.

My advice, find a security company and get your arm guard license.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
My friend was a package handler for FedEx. He says it's slave work. Because of that I withdrew all my applications to that and ups. I know I'm better than doing that crap

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
My neighbor just retired from UPS (worked up to driver) @ 50. It's one of those companies that if you weren't there since the 80's/90's, the whole "make a livable wage, and retire" thing just doesn't exist. There is no such thing as the middle class anymore, that shyt ended in 2008 with the housing market. It was really Reagan that put us on this path, with his trickle down fukking bullshyt, and predatory credit card mafias, and we suck so much that the richest country in the history of the world ended up looking like straight crackheads in less than 50 years, lol. I aint trying to hear anyone else in life shytting on poor people, or talking about "work harder", the deck is stacked against every single person that is not born into generational wealth, sure, there are some people that get lucky, and make it out, but that does not make those people part of the 1%. For every person that "worked hard" and made it, there are a million people that work just as hard, if not harder, and either live pay check to paycheck, or are doing bad bad, fukk UPS, and to make it worse, you see how hard you have to work to make it? Automation is right around the corner, and they will leverage it by saying "you need to work harder, we are doing you a favor and getting you a paycheck, robots can do your job, with no complaints, but we want to make sure that you have a job". This is the shyt that the government is supposed to regulate, but they are too busy counting lobbyist money. I get so fukking outraged

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
It’s cool, but idealistically your going to be drained regardless if it’s just a 5 hour shift. Plus the working environment isn’t one you look forward to, not saying any work is but usually you want your work site to be something neutral you feel about. You will actually most likely dislike this place, and I’m not someone who has much against much usually and I’m saying this
Sure, thats what it has turned into, but there was a time, not saying in the last 20 years, but there was a time that there were jobs that you had pride to go to, and you felt content because you were contributing to the company, and in turn you were rewarded for your work. More and more now, its "we need swinging dikks" *pause*

Jcotton1

All Star
Daps
Why you doing UPS in 2022? Log on to DoorDash I used to make $25 an hour in college, no boss. And that’s without me even trying. How y’all working these hard ass jobs in the gig economy? Unless you ain’t got a car then I understand.

You took half of what u made for taxes to our uncle right for taxes?

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I worked fedex pre load for one night years ago,, just like op said i wanted to make some quick money and get a good work out,,,lmao

I was thinking i was going load Regular fedex truck that you see on the street,,, NO them ninjas put me on a box truck like below,, lmao,, so the packages and boxes were huge as fukk!!!!

Yeah that shyt Depressing as fukk

5504000_box_truck_1.JPG

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
This shyt was hiring at $23 an hour if you show up all five days you scheduled and it’s 5 hour shifts from 10pm-3am,
And first off:pacspit: to Biggie I am mad that UPS was hiring. This job is deadass actually the worst thing ever like I knew this shyt would be aids, but this job is actually even worse than I thought:russ:. I took it as a little summer job as I just finished school and wanted something that was relatively easy to save money over the summer before approaching a real job. This shyt was hiring at $23 an hour if you show up all five days you scheduled and it’s 5 hour shifts from 10pm-3am, so I was thinking bet easy money and a little work out .Again I knew this was capitalistic UPS so I knew would be ass, but this shyt worse than I thought. These nikka expect you to unload 400 packages an hour:what: That is 7 per minute which with all there rules of building a wall that is physically impossible. There was no sort of training, it was just a rush to start working and have some nikka that’s probably younger than me “train me”. Most the management and hub leaders are kids my age who were probably tricked into thinking that getting$30-40 to boss nikkas around was cool, and they have no idea what they are doing:russ:. Oh yeah and coincidentally the first day I started working they made the pay go down to $22 an hour. How hasn’t the UN stepped in for human violations on this place :dead:, this place is the most depressing shyt you’ll see and I worked at a nursing home. On top of that you get a 10 minute break that’s not even ten minutes and as soon as the break is done your expected in your hub already, not walking to it but already there that’s a 5 minute break:mjlol:. I was thinking this could be a side hustle and I can have another job but for a 5 hour shift this shyt is:dahell:
So the pay fluctuates depending on how many shifts you work that week?
:picard: