bryan or ziggler have to win the IC strap to revive it

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
was listening to stone cold's mania preview podcast the other day (called wale - whale) :francis:

anyway, him & meltzer, bauer or whoever was on there were going through the matches and when they got to the ic ladder match, they kinda held it as some kind of funeral for bryan. i understand he main evented last year, but damn, this is the title macho man and ricky steamboat used to hold. youve got to do something to bring prestige back to the strap. what better way than to put the most over guy (moreso bryan) in the company with it. and not just some stop gap title reign, but give him a year run with it and give him quality programs with top tier wrestlers like ziggler, orton, rollins, ambrose.

i mean, maybe the e is doing this already with the ic and us title, where we all but expect cener to walk away with it. but dont sit here for another calendar year with brock as champ waiting on rocky or cener and then have this same conversation about how devalued a title that technically is supposed to represent the next best wrestler to your world champ is.

ciroc used to be a middle of the pack vodka til they slapped a bottle in puffy's hands and marketed it as a luxury brand. if theyre serious about making titles besides the world strap mean anything, theyve got to put it around the waist of a guy that matters. period.

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
They weren't putting out all those Sheamus promos for nothing, breh.

red head tweener-cener?

tough sell. fans dont take him that seriously since his initial heel run and theyre so tired of character they boo the force feeding. unless they repackage him as some super tough guy, thats a wet bandaide

WAIT, thats what they did w/ barrett and it didnt work. lets try it again!

Dolp Zilga winning the title will still make it irrelevant.

youre prolly right. just writing that, i kinda abandoned the ziggler theory. its got to be bryan.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Won't be my nikka Dolph. He'll face off with D-Bry next month and do the J.O.B.

Curious to see how they add bumass Sheamus to the mix.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Doesn't matter who holds that title as long as they keep booking it as they have for more than 10 years.

Bryan being champ wont mean shyt if he jobs every match to build a new contender or to advance a storyline.

WWE has to treat it like a legit title for it to be relevant again.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Won't be my nikka Dolph. He'll face off with D-Bry next month and do the J.O.B.

Curious to see how they add bumass Sheamus to the mix.

Thing is, they need to book past Bryan/Dolph Dawg for that belt to mean something.

Ladder match - DB/Ziggler/Barret - DB/Ziggler for a 2 month stretch sounds great but it's what happens after that what will make the title mean something again or not.

A Sheamus feud in May-June sounds good to me as long as it's a real feud and not a "Fella pinned the champ 3 straight times, now he gets a title shot at the PPV".

Mob H

All Star
Daps
red head tweener-cener?

tough sell. fans dont take him that seriously since his initial heel run and theyre so tired of character they boo the force feeding. unless they repackage him as some super tough guy, thats a wet bandaide

WAIT, thats what they did w/ barrett and it didnt work. lets try it again!

youre prolly right. just writing that, i kinda abandoned the ziggler theory. its got to be bryan.
Don't know if you've been paying attention, but they haven't really been giving a fukk what fans think lately. Bryan's probably gonna win the IC title just to lose it to Sheamus at Extreme Rules in 17 seconds.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
IC title should have an automatic title match with the champion after six months.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC

This is a good start to rebuilding the prestige. The problem is, as mentioned earlier, the IC champion must be booked like a big deal for it to mean anything. And it doesn't matter who holds the strap if they get shytty booking.