Business administration vs. computer science

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
I'm currently switching my major from economics & stuck between the two. Which one would yall pick?

FWIW, I'm a community college student & when I transfer I'm majoring in marketing. I'm planning on starting a mobile app development company as soon as I find a technical cofounder but my backup plan is working in the marketing department for a Fortune 500 company

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Business Administration is very basic...but if you are at a CC and plan on actually getting your BA in Marketing from a University it doesn't really matter :manny:

Truthfully, I would look at something like Business Management, Business Leadership, Marketing Management, Organizational Management, etc. If you plan on running a mobile app company but also want to be versatile enough to work for a company fresh out of college. Business Administration is more like "paperwork" whereas Business Management is "people work" (manager, director, etc.)

just my two cents... :salute: either way

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
If you like programming/engineering than go with computer science

Depending on where you go with business administration, you might need a post grad degree.

International marketing was one of my favorite classes in business admin :salute:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A good alternative to Economics is Accounting.

Computer Science is great of course.

Marketing degrees are good complements to law degrees.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
With business admin you can get into HR, Marketing or Accounting. It's going to depend on the internship you get.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
Computer Science degree can give you access to great Jobs for in and outside of IT.

Business degrees are shaky at best, especially depending on the school. You at MIT?

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Maybe you should get an MBA after you get a CS degree?

I've known dudes that have gone that route. An old coworker of mine went got his MBA at Stanford after working as a programmer

Skrilla

MVP
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Computer science

But if you want to go the Finance/Economics route, then pick Accounting or something to do with MANAGEMENT, make sure the word "management" is in it. Business Administration is a bit too basic/common

Daps
Accounting, finance or comp sci.

Most people with great ideas don't understand the language of business (accounting). If you have never heard of Sarbanes Oxley or GAAP.....go with Acct.

Finance will give you insight into how one can fund their enterprise and how to identify if what you're doing is "worth it" financially. Are you highly leveraged? Should you accept that start up loan?