Discussion in 'Higher Learning' started by acri1, Mar 4, 2021.
The solutions- more regulation, more taxes, more global cooperation is anathema to Republicans.
A must read book
refusing to believe in climate change was like...the tip of the iceberg for anti-intellectualism for republicans. since they started that shyt, they went on to produce this list of greatest hits:
- insist stimulus and fed quantitative easing in response to The Great Recession would result in runaway inflation (tea party austerity bullshyt), even though all credible economists insisted it wouldn’t...and then refuse to admit they were wrong when that runaway inflation just didn’t happen
- believe Obama was born in Kenya...even when he produced his birth certificate
- embrace QANON
- believe COVID was a hoax, just a flu...only for the following year have half a million Americans die from it
- be anti-maskers...leading to more Americans dead
- believe the 2020 election was invalid without evidence...and then conduct a deadly invasion of the capital because of it
maybe their position on climate change is the most consequential long term...but this republican anti-intellectualism shyt is getting worse and more ridiculous by the year
Because of what it represents. It represents the undeniable fact that the societal structures they've strived to "conserve" is a part of the problem.
Climate change also represents change. A change that may necessitate an abrupt disruption of their way of life and subsequently lead to policy changes that require a reduction of their standard of living for the benefit of the masses
I think part of it is the upper class' belief that when there are disasters they'll be the best off and they don't really mind if a bunch of people off lesser class suffer.
And on a strongly related note, they'll take any opportunity to genocide. As proven by corona. That's what the party truly represents
The average person doesn’t care. But if you from Delaware you can’t ignore it. They’re Rockefeller status here. Like two of our largest public grade schools are named after them...hospitals too.
Alexis I. duPont High School
P. S. Dupont High School
Nemours Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
Earth being round
stem cell research
Can anyone name one scientific advancement that some religion hasn’t fought tooth and nail against before realizing they can still worship with its existence?
Science doesn’t bend for faith. Faith learns how to exist despite science.
If these people didnt have financial interests they would spin a different tale..such as they are actually ruining the perfect world. Did God create factories?