Buy physical gold, yes or no?

Buzzed Lightyear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I plan on moving to Akon City in Senegal once it opens & I have a savings plan to come with a nice amount of money. But with the way things are going with the U.S. dollar & seeing that it's losing its value, would it be a better idea to buy gold with the money before I move & convert it over to Akoins?

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
You’re really tryna transport solid gold internationally?

Customs finna be in your ass like

giphy.gif

:dame:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Gold's primary purpose is to hedge against inflation. If you're expecting massive inflation over the mid-to-long term then gold is a good play. With the mindblowingly low interest rate environment we're in now, it would seem that inflation is likely to rise in the coming years, however that depends on the economy rebounding which is likely but not a certainty.

Personally, I can't imagine the dollar falling enough over the mid-to-long term to justify gold over a blue chip stock like Apple or Amazon. And if the economy does rebound, then consumer spending will certainly increase the value of your investments in a blue chip stock more than it would in gold.

If you want the best way to hedge against inflation, buy a house with a low fixed interest-rate mortgage.

I'm not a professional or anything so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Buzzed Lightyear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gold's primary purpose is to hedge against inflation. If you're expecting massive inflation over the mid-to-long term then gold is a good play. With the mindblowingly low interest rate environment we're in now, it would seem that inflation is likely to rise in the coming years, however that depends on the economy rebounding which is likely but not a certainty.

Personally, I can't imagine the dollar falling enough over the mid-to-long term to justify gold over a blue chip stock like Apple or Amazon.
I'm invested in Apple, Amazon, Tesla, Uber, DraftKings, & Nvidia already. I'm trying to stack as much as possible & get the hell out of this garbage ass country.