zopaco317

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have 6k saved up and im going to buy a car straight up, no note. Ive been looking at autotrader, cars.com, offerup, ebay motors, even looked at craigslist once. Are there any other places i can look for reliable cars, or is there anything i should keep an eye out for? Trying to find something that will last a few years, any advice will be appreciated. Financial freedom coming soon:blessed:

zopaco317

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cargurus.com

One of the best sites I've seen for shopping and comparing prices on the market.

Props of being financially free. It's a dream, but I have bad habits.:mjcry:
Good looks, I'm not financially free yet:mjcry: but I'm working toward it

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
when dealing with loan term in months whats the ideal length?:francis: 60 months looks nice cuz its dirt cheap but im assuming theirs a trade off

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have 6k saved up and im going to buy a car straight up, no note. Ive been looking at autotrader, cars.com, offerup, ebay motors, even looked at craigslist once. Are there any other places i can look for reliable cars, or is there anything i should keep an eye out for? Trying to find something that will last a few years, any advice will be appreciated. Financial freedom coming soon:blessed:

how good is your credit? I was in your situation a couple of years back. I went to my credit union and got a bank loan for up to $11k. Then I got 2010 Camry off Craigslist for $7k. My monthly payment was only $140 and only 3% APR. And get gap insurance. You can pay that bytch off anytime you want.

That's the way to go. Keep yourself liquid. $6k is way too much to invest in a whip all at one time. Who knows what might happen?

A car note in itself is not bad. Them $400-$500 stuff people sign up for is the problem. Just dont go over 10k (which is roughly $200/mo IIRC) and you're good. Remember to factor in insurance and maintenance (budget $100 every month for this)

also try TrueCar.com. saw lots of good cars on there

zopaco317

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how good is your credit? I was in your situation a couple of years back. I went to my credit union and got a bank loan for up to $11k. Then I got 2010 Camry off Craigslist for $7k. My monthly payment was only $140 and only 3% APR. And get gap insurance. You can pay that bytch off anytime you want.

That's the way to go. Keep yourself liquid. $6k is way too much to invest in a whip all at one time. Who knows what might happen?

A car note in itself is not bad. Them $400-$500 stuff people sign up for is the problem. Just dont go over 10k (which is roughly $200/mo IIRC) and you're good. Remember to factor in insurance and maintenance (budget $100 every month for this)

also try TrueCar.com. saw lots of good cars on there

You dropping some info right now, but Im at a point where i don't want too much of my income dedicated to bills or payments if im able to avoid it. If something crazy does happen (god forbid:whoa:) i wont be thinking how am i gonna make this car payment:lupe:. Im test driving an all black 2008 infinity g35 with 70,000 miles on it tomorrow and its looking like a steal. If all goes well ima have a new whip just in time for summer:blessed: