C Robert Williams (knee surgery) out 8-12 weeks after Celtics doctors let him play. said his knee couldnt get worse

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
he was the most impressive player for the celts in the finals even though he was on one leg

He was the best player on the team during the Finals to me even while hobbled and playing limited minutes

He’s always been injury prone but hopefully he’s able to pick up where he left off when he got back

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
How did he know if they specifically said he couldn't?

Obviously you don't take their full word on it but he clearly wasn't given the proper information to make an informed choice.

He knows. Regular season he would sit out. He didn't want to miss winning a finals and he had an impact on the court when healthy in the finals

good pups

Pro
Supporter
Daps
How did he know if they specifically said he couldn't?

Obviously you don't take their full word on it but he clearly wasn't given the proper information to make an informed choice.

i remember this specific arthroscopic surgery being on the table back then, and the question was whether he was going to do it before/during the playoffs, or wait till after. so it's possible playing didn't worsen it, though who knows.

another question is whether he should have done it at all, because people were saying it's not usually very effective.

edit: (either not effective or could lead to further swelling. can't quite remember. seems to be a surgery lots of players have had and the outcomes are pretty variable. two recent examples are lonzo and wiseman, which isn't great...but morant, simmons, lowry, mo harkless, d'angelo russell and others have had it too)

Last edited:

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
apparently the doctor told him going for the partial meniscectomy was the best option and another doctor said sometimes it can be because the nature of certain tears make a repair not possible but if it is on the table it seems like its insane to go for the quick fix because almost inevitably its leads to long term problems sometimes sooner rather than later.

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
I was saying that dude shouldn't have came back so soon. All playoffs and that it would make his knee. Worse. Now look.

This plus the Udoka situation :huhldup:

I don't feel sorry for them tho fukk the Celtics