Cacs stealing again Family stakes John Young's claim as the originator of the Buffalo wings

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – When you think “Buffalo”, you think “chicken wings”.

The story goes that Buffalo wings (deep-fried chicken wings in a spicy sauce) were invented here(Anchor Bar) in 1964, although the restaurant has since changed ownership. Take home some of the secret-recipe sauce

But you might not know about the Queen City’s original “King of Wings”- Buffalo restauranteur John Young, who owned several restaurants in the city in the 1960s, 1970s, and early 1980s.

The late Young’s daughter, Lina Brown Young, worked at and managed some of his restaurants in Buffalo and Illinois.
Young’s “Wings N’ Things” opened in 1961, predating the Anchor Bar’s creation of the Buffalo-style wing.

His famous “Mumbo wings” were whole wing: battered, fried, and tossed with a sweet, tangy Mumbo sauce. Mumbo sauce is a tomato-based sauce that gets its tanginess from fruits, Brown Young added.

These cacs at the anchor bar took John idea and just made a different sauce. Yo I'm from Buffalo and I never even heard of Mumbo Wings

Do white people really invent anything god damn they always stealing some shyt.

Last edited:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Mumbo sauce in Buffalo from white people

mase-gif.gif

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is this the same as DC mumbo?

If I'm not mistaken, wasnt there a controversy about the r sauce origin where it was found out that that shyt originally came from Chicago? I know that mumbo sauce shyt isnt from dc th2ough its known for it.

I know those DC folks are serious when it comes to their mumbo sauce and go go music. Yall used to kill the ladies room back in the day with that DC chocolate city proud of our culture shyt. Yall had folks with fukking DC drug dealers names in their sceennames and were letting yall neighborhoods known where even we up north that never knew anything about yall knew yall just from what yall said on sohh. I know that shyt did help me when I went down to DC a few times. Real shyt

Last edited:

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mumbo sauce in Buffalo from white people

mase-gif.gif

I see you didn't watch the video no John Brown a black man invented mumbo sauce the cacs at the anchor bar came and just made they own sauce. But taking credit for inventing the chicken wing.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I see you didn't watch the video no John Brown a black man invented mumbo sauce the cacs at the anchor bar came and just made they own sauce. But taking credit for inventing the chicken wing.

i see you don’t get the context of my gif as in total disbelief that they trying to claim that shyt err body know that’s DC all day