Camera recommendations for ecommerce photos

Black Cher

All Star
Daps
What are some good cameras for taking pictures of furniture? I’m going to be selling some antique furniture online and need some good quality photos. My budget is $600.

I want to avoid pics that look like this
japanese-antiques-ebay.jpg

The lamps look dull and bland and you can’t see all the details

I want the pics to look more like this, also recommendations on lights I can use to achieve this look would be appreciated.
6G7VY_12.jpg

Black Cher

All Star
Daps
The first photo is a victim of poor lighting, more specifically the camera's built in flash. You could recreate that second photo with your iPhone if you had the correct lighting.

What lighting should I use?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
What lighting should I use?

You should either purchase a speed light that's compatible with your DSLR or get a lighting kit from Amazon. The easiest way to avoid poor lighting is to avoid lighting the subject from the exact angle that you're shooting it because the subject will cast shadows.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, like Matt said, photography is all about the capturing of light. The photos you're trying to achieve could be taken with a couple desk lamps, an iphone, and a white board to reflect some light back into the areas with heavy shadows. If you want to get that infinity background, just get a long piece of paper or cloth and a couple clamps or clothes pins to hold it up, while the bottom half lays on the table. A tripod never hurts either