Cameroon is not in Harlem.....

invalid

Banned
Daps
Basaa. The dance is called assiko.

From Wiki -

During this German era, most Bassa were anti-colonialists, fighting against German expansion beyond the coast. However, they suffered a major defeat and were subjected to forced labor in the construction of the Douala-Yaoundé "Mittel Kamerun" railway.

Throughout the era of European colonial presence, the Bassa were able to take advantage of Christian missionaries to attain a Western-style education, particularly from German Protestants and American Presbyterians.[1]
The Bassa played a lead role during decolonization, and the Bassa-Bakongo region was a hotbed of radical anti-colonial nationalism, particularly the Union des Populations du Cameroun (UPC). However, the Bassa brand of anti-colonialism ultimately lost out during the creation of the postcolonial nation of Cameroon.

:salute:

The largest percentage of my genome comes from the region that extends from Cameroon to the Congo. So I've been making an effort to learn more about the history of the country.

Tallac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Southwest region?
Nah. Littoral breh.
@ab.aspectus yeah, Basaa people were super anti-white and colonizers. We even went to wars against other tribes letting foreigners in. My grandfather's family was wiped out by the French. Entire villages. They killed them, dropped bodies in holes:francis:. French president Hollande came to Cameroon few years ago and apologized for it:stopitslime:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Nah. Littoral breh.
@ab.aspectus yeah, Basaa people were super anti-white and colonizers. We even went to wars against other tribes letting foreigners in. My grandfather's family was wiped out by the French. Entire villages. They killed them, dropped bodies in holes:francis:. French president Hollande came to Cameroon few years ago and apologized for it:stopitslime:

Is there a history of any of your people being captured and sold into slavery?