Cam'ron & Ma$e Argue DMX Was A Better Rapper Than 2Pac: '[He] Had More Than 'Pac

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld

:umad:rewriting history...cam shouted out harlem before rapping on 2Pac's beat justifying that 2Pac was born there for Cam to have some sort of connection

'capo's corrupted...labeled and known as a young Pac to the public' - juelz

jim jones did a bunch of 2Pac renditions

Dipset is so fukking WHACK!

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's not better but, he was talented in his own way. Very few dudes could go into that "Pac" lane and not come off corny but, X restored the feeling.

It was probably because he didn't try to be Pac outside of having an animated voice and wearing bandanas. He kept it New York. For example, Pac wasn't out there on motor bikes, in prison yards, walking around with rotts and pits. X would have blown up regardless because like Irv said a few years ago, there's millions of nikkas out there like X :manny:

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Its not a crazy take. But its also just easier to say that now. Saying that in the 2000s era got a lot of pushback because people thought he was biting Pac.

I wouldn't pick a side though lol. I'm a fan of both. Its not one thats clear cut for me. Like to me Rakim is obviously better than Kane. BIG is better than Jay. But Jay Vs Nas is not obvious to me, etc.

Last edited:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is really a preference choice…because rap wise neither is just clearly better than the other…they’re about the same level imo. I would give the nod to Pac because he was so diverse with the stuff he could rap about and do it well but that’s just my bop. DMX was more gritty and gutter stylistically and conceptually so if that’s your twist you probably prefer X, 🤷🏽‍♂️. No wrong answer really..

Artistically speaking tho, just overall on some straight music ish…yeah, it’s not that close imo, 2pac >>>>>>>>> The Dog

Flawdaboi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tampa
Y'all always pull this out the playbook.

Might as well add they "feared him in the physical form."
I mean.... it's been A LOT more yapping about him since he's passed.

Half of these nikkas wouldn't have Saud shyt about nor to him.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
X's style always seemed a lil more contrived/superficial to me.Even his rap voice came off as a put on, gimmicky.The barks.I also thought he leaned on the whole "Nicca talks to God" concepts a lil too much for my liking.Which I find overdone, unoriginal, and the most basic way to add spiritual "depth" & emotion to your music.Cheat code status.X to me was always the missing member of Onyx.Ironically, those same elements served to make him a bigger "event" than Pac far as entertainment value.The DMX experience is more digestible to the average listener.X made sure to put on a show.You get the IDAHIH intro followed by X leading the whole stadium in prayer.Then boom Stop Being Greedy!They're worked up in a fervor by that point.It was an overall better production than anything Tupac gave us.Pac was never "Turn the lights down here..i'm going to hit them with the prayer there".You got the full orchestrated show with X.Pac was more practical.He wouldn't lead you in prayer, he'd more the likely say something like this

Before he rocked the mic.Like I said.Broader strokes.His style wasn't really made to entertain you.It was more journalistic.He was reporting the news & ills of society with way more clarity/eloquence than X ever did.X was more self contained & concerned about expressing his personal/internal issues/traumas.Pac could do that to, but he also could leave that space, and shed light on the external issues that cause us to be that way.I think that's where X falls short of Pac.That's where pac gains the edge in terms of appeal/connectivity with a wide array of diverse listeners.If you keep it strictly inside the confines of Hip Hop, you can argue that X is the better rapper.On grand scale, world wide, universally;Pac's the greater artist...I'm leaving now.I don't wanna start no shyt in here:mjgrin:

Forgot I already left a post in this thread