Can a Biracial person raised in mostly white area learn how to be black through TV and music ?

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
Can someone who is biracial who grows up being mostly raised by their white family but listens to mostly Hiphop and R&b and watches TV shows and movies with black people such as Blackish, Empire and classic Black sitcoms like Fresh Princce of Bel Air, Martin and Family Matters learn how to be black through the media they watch or listen to?

Or would it not be authentic because it would almost be like they're portraying a persona that they believe would prove how black they really are? For example my sister in law who is biracial was raised mostly by the white side of her family in the surburbs. But the way her brother's act you would think they were raised in the grimmest neighborhood in town. Her brother's act more hood then a lot of black people who really from the hood. And before anyone gets offended yes I know not all black live in the hood or act hood, I'm just using her brother's as an example of how a lot of biracials who try to prove how black they are by acting like a hood stereotype.

Last edited:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
No I don't believe so.

In college...I met some biracial bul who grew up around cacs. He sounded weird saying nikka and only dated white women.

It was weird.