Can somebody explain in this thread what exactly is the ps5 hardware advantage?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stupid as he may sound, did you actually watch the video?

Devs are stating Velocity is 20 to 30 faster than Kraken at texture streaming. IF so, that's another big advantage. PS5 MIGHT be only better at loading times.

I agree with you that we need to see actual games, though. shyt looking a bit spooky for Sony though.
full

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Stupid as he may sound, did you actually watch the video?

Devs are stating Velocity is 20 to 30 faster than Kraken at texture streaming. IF so, that's another big advantage. PS5 MIGHT be only better at loading times.

I agree with you that we need to see actual games, though. shyt looking a bit spooky for Sony though.
Yeah that needs to be addressed.

If Sony's decompression solution is supposed to be their trump card and developers claim Microsoft's solution is faster then they're in trouble.

:patrice:

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yeah that needs to be addressed.

If Sony's decompression solution is supposed to be their trump card and developers claim Microsoft's solution is faster then they're in trouble.

:patrice:
Only for in game textures, not in general. The point is MS' solution is better where it matters, in game. If it's 20-30 percent better, draw distance should be insane, and pop in should be eradicated. Sony's SSD will load faster either way, but how much does that really matter?

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
What kind of gaming pc do you have? When people say the line you just used 99% of the time it's a Sony fanboy without a gaming PC.
PCs in 2021 will be more powerful than both machines. 3000 series GPU from NVIDIA and the new GPUs from AMD, as well as more powerful processors from both camps, and there'll be no reason to own another MS console again. So yes, whenever there is an exclusive from MS that I want to play, I'll play it on a PC.
Most PC's are weaker than the xbox one (facts) so claiming you'll get it on PC while downplaying the greatness of gamepass, that's really all i needed to see. :umad: and no most of the world doesn't have data caps and what a coincidence that limits on cell phones have been lifted during this pandemic.
The entire world doesn't run on fiber, period. And the areas that do don't rock with MS like that anyway, so. The U.S. (where MS originates) has some of the worst internet coverage globally. And you gullible af if you thinking them caps not going back on once this covid shyt blows over.

Finally to that same point you really think a person without reliable internet is a gamer like that?
:deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny:
You a fukking character, fella. This is a good gimmick you got going. :obama:
You saying the rest of us have to be held back because poverty exist? And that's why gamepass is a bad idea? Man, even your logic is furious :wow:
The reason Gamepass is a bad idea because I'm not at all interested in being beholden to Microsoft or at the mercy of any developer that decides they want to take their game off the service for any reason. This shyt is different with Netflix, because I don't care when a show/movie leaves. But I like to OWN my games, and the thought of giving up that right to Microsoft, of all companies, doesn't sit right with me in the slightest. What's really funny is that they tried this shyt with the OneX and caught massive blowback. Now they've just taken a roundabout way to exactly where they wanted to be originally, and now nikkas are cupping their balls and calling them geniuses for it.

These the same dudes that jacked the price up on LIVE when they had zero competition, so you really think Gamepass will stay cheap forever? Once they hit a sustainable number, they'll proceed to fukk all of y'all over via price hikes. When that thread gets made here I promise not to pop in and gloat. :mjgrin:

PS5

Wiz a 1/2 seed right now ya dig Tekashi1223
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:facepalm:
PCs in 2021 will be more powerful than both machines. 3000 series GPU from NVIDIA and the new GPUs from AMD, as well as more powerful processors from both camps, and there'll be no reason to own another MS console again. So yes, whenever there is an exclusive from MS that I want to play, I'll play it on a PC.
That was a wonderful speech, the question was what gaming PC do you have and your response means you don't. See, PC a$$holes love to brag about whatever fukkboy setup they spent too much on. The ones who deflect like you did should just be quiet :stopitslime:

There will be exclusives by the way, just not year 1 1st party
The entire world doesn't run on fiber, period. And the areas that do don't rock with MS like that anyway, so. The U.S. (where MS originates) has some of the worst internet coverage globally. And you gullible af if you thinking them caps not going back on once this covid shyt blows over.

:deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny:
You a fukking character, fella. This is a good gimmick you got going. :obama:
You sound really smart, I was going to release this game called fortnite but America or the world doesn't have reliable enough internet so CAN'T DO IT!!! Call of duty told me to tell you that the campaign is why it's the number 1 game worldwide, not the online portion :tu:
I've had comcast, Cox and Verizon. None have caps except for people who download illegally for a living. There is a difference and they can tell. Moving right along...
The reason Gamepass is a bad idea because I'm not at all interested in being beholden to Microsoft or at the mercy of any developer that decides they want to take their game off the service for any reason. This shyt is different with Netflix, because I don't care when a show/movie leaves. But I like to OWN my games, and the thought of giving up that right to Microsoft, of all companies, doesn't sit right with me in the slightest. What's really funny is that they tried this shyt with the OneX and caught massive blowback. Now they've just taken a roundabout way to exactly where they wanted to be originally, and now nikkas are cupping their balls and calling them geniuses for it.

These the same dudes that jacked the price up on LIVE when they had zero competition, so you really think Gamepass will stay cheap forever? Once they hit a sustainable number, they'll proceed to fukk all of y'all over via price hikes. When that thread gets made here I promise not to pop in and gloat. :mjgrin:
Bruh, your lack of knowledge on this subject is sad. I get it, you love gaming and it's natural to get attached and root for your favorite right. But to display this level of ignorance because it's the competition is disturbing on more than just face value :picard:

Gamepass doesn't stop you from buying games, buy whatever you want. As a service just like Netflix, it delivers. Im aware you're skeptical, you wouldn't be if you had it. And since it's free for 1st timers and you have this amazing gaming PC :troll:why haven't you tried it yet, don't answer that, we already know why cool guy :therethere: and xbox live price hike? Never heard of this...