Can someone explain to me how marvel thought it was a good idea

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I mentioned it back in the Spider-Verse thread, still find it strange, but... it's actually kind funny because of what it causes. I don't think it's ever explained why Miles has his mother's last name. Partly I'm sure to showcase his biracial background. But also because if he had his father's last name, Ultimate Spider-Man would have been... Miles Davis.

I'd have been ok with Confederately-named father figure, if it meant black Spider-Man was named after a musician like that.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I mentioned it back in the Spider-Verse thread, still find it strange, but... it's actually kind funny because of what it causes. I don't think it's ever explained why Miles has his mother's last name. Partly I'm sure to showcase his biracial background. But also because if he had his father's last name, Ultimate Spider-Man would have been... Miles Davis.

I'd have been ok with Confederately-named father figure, if it meant black Spider-Man was named after a musician like that.

his father was absent in the ultimate universe where he came from, butsince jumping to the 616, theres no reason he hasnt taken his fathers name

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
his father was absent in the ultimate universe where he came from, butsince jumping to the 616, theres no reason he hasnt taken his fathers name
No he wasn't. His dad was there and a cop in 1610. His name and miles name are just bendis fukkery.