Can Someone Explain To Me Why Def Rebel Gets So Much Hate?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
They seem to be just as hit or miss as CFO was imo. Looking over their themes in Apple Music they did:

Roman
LA Knight
Jey Usos
Solo
Trick
Melo
Gunther
Lashley
Charlotte
Rhea (?)
Etc.

I think the new AJ theme absolutely fukking sucks and that sami remix theme was :trash: but there’s not many others that jump out as being trash to me. :patrice:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

Royal Rumble test. Easiest way to decide if they're good or trash.

Personally they're average to me. But their best work doesn't touch the 2nd tier stuff of the previous composers.

At the Rumble party I was at, almost every wrestler’s opening notes got the “who the fukk is this? :dwillhuh: “ reaction from the guys.

Dudes like to shyt on CFO, but he/they had more enjoyable themes than this new hire. KO, Naka, Sami, Sasha, Becky, Charlotte, SHIELD. And those are just off the dome.

Silkk

Daps

Royal Rumble test. Easiest way to decide if they're good or trash.

Personally they're average to me. But their best work doesn't touch the 2nd tier stuff of the previous composers.

You can’t base them on the pop a certain wrestler gets at the rumble :dahell:

That Jade theme is a straight rip off of her AEW theme

And Jimmy’s theme is ass but got a huge pop because Jimmy is over.

There’s been a ton of MFs with themes that were straight fire but couldn’t get a pop to save their lives: Kidman,Swagger, TJP, etc.

Silkk

Daps
Yes, this is it. At the Rumble party I was at, almost every wrestler’s opening notes got the “who the fukk is this? :dwillhuh: “ reaction from the guys.
Because a lot of the entrants were unover bums. That was the biggest complaint about the rumble in the live thread.

That’s not a reflection on the themes.

Silkk

Daps
From everything i’ve seen it just seems like they tend to put in less effort for lesser stars, Especially when you look at NXT but I mean what can you really expect if you’re making a theme for someone who has no character/gimmick.

There’s nothing to draw from or use for inspiration.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Because a lot of the entrants were unover bums. That was the biggest complaint about the rumble in the live thread.

That’s not a reflection on the themes.

Na, that’s not it.

1. Jey Uso
2. Jimmy USO
3 Waller
4. Andrade
5. Carmelo Hayes
6. Shins Ike Nakamura
7. Santos Escobar
8. Karrion Kross
9. Dominik Mysterio
10. Carlito
11. Bobby Lashley
12. Ludwig Kaiser
13. Austin Theory
14. Finn Balor
15. Cody Rhodes

Out of the first 15, only 3 names I can see as bums (Kross, Waller, Kaiser). I’m not even including Dom even though he’s meh in the ring, but his character is over.

Rebel is just :trash:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
You can’t base them on the pop a certain wrestler gets at the rumble :dahell:

That Jade theme is a straight rip off of her AEW theme

And Jimmy’s theme is ass but got a huge pop because Jimmy is over.

There’s been a ton of MFs with themes that were straight fire but couldn’t get a pop to save their lives: Kidman,Swagger, TJP, etc.
Not the pop breh lol. I'm just telling anyone the easiest way to judge def rebel theme quality can by watching Rumble entrances on YouTube lol. Spotify works too I guess.

Silkk

Daps
Not the pop breh lol. I'm just telling anyone the easiest way to judge def rebel theme quality can by watching Rumble entrances on YouTube lol. Spotify works too I guess.
Oh gotcha. Not really though. A lot of those themes are holdovers or done by outside artists too.

Silkk

Daps
Na, that’s not it.

1. Jey Uso
2. Jimmy USO
3 Waller
4. Andrade
5. Carmelo Hayes
6. Shins Ike Nakamura
7. Santos Escobar
8. Karrion Kross
9. Dominik Mysterio
10. Carlito
11. Bobby Lashley
12. Ludwig Kaiser
13. Austin Theory
14. Finn Balor
15. Cody Rhodes

Out of the first 15, only 3 names I can see as bums (Kross, Waller, Kaiser). I’m not even including Dom even though he’s meh in the ring, but his character is over.

Rebel is just :trash:
Ok lets not say bums but lets say unover?

And don’t stop at 15. Do the full 30

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Oh gotcha. Not really though. A lot of those themes are holdovers or done by outside artists too.
I don't think you realize how long def rebel has been around lol. Most of those themes are theirs. Nattie, Becky, Bianca, Shinsuke, Cody, New Day, R-Truth, Miz, Punk, Sami are the hold overs. That's 50 themes def rebel had in this years Rumble. And the hold overs are mostly better as well.

Silkk

Daps
I looked at the rest and all together it’s less than 10 wrestlers (probably 8-9) that I can say are not over. But them being over or not is irrelevant because their themes are :trash: anyway.

I don't think you realzie how long def rebel has been around lol. Most of those themes are theirs. Nattie, Becky, Bianca, Shinsuke, Cody, New Day, R-Truth, Miz, Punk, Sami are the hold overs. That's 50 themes def rebel had in this years Rumble. And the hold overs are mostly better as well.
Post the ones that yall think are bad.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Post the ones that yall think are bad.
I think most are just average. Like the best one's are Roman, Jey, Iyo, and Rhea right?

Are those even better than 2nd tier CFO$ joints like Sasha, Rusev, Aleister Black? Maybe, but it's close.