Can someone please explain to me the Clinton email controversy

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
First I want to say I don't support either Clinton or Trump. What exactly is the issue with the emails? This has been all over the news but I really don't understand it. @Mephistopheles @ThreeLetterAgency @JudgeJoeGorilla or anyone can you enlighten me on this?
Basically set up a private server in her home and used it to e-mail classified data against protocol and deleted them.

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
She used a private email to server to hide her shady dealings, some classified information was discussed as well. It seems to sound worse than it is, but the handling of classified information is treated very seriously by the government so some think she should have been penalized just as a 19 year old soldier would for the doing the same.

Clinton lied about it while under oath and destroyed evidence under federal subpoena, which bothers some. She then explained it away through ignorance of email, which bothers some.

Other emails suggest the DNC rigged the primary in favor of Clinton, and that the Clinton's use their foundation to launder political bribes.

Another angle is that the FBI is leaking this information out because they want to hurt her campaign. At the very least, this suggest Hillary's "strong leadership" while Secretary of State is in question.

The reality, though, is that if this wasn't during campaign season no one would give a single fukk. Not sure if that speaks more to Hillary's actions or the American public, though.

Last edited:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
First I want to say I don't support either Clinton or Trump. What exactly is the issue with the emails? This has been all over the news but I really don't understand it. @Mephistopheles @ThreeLetterAgency @JudgeJoeGorilla or anyone can you enlighten me on this?
Set up a private server and took bribes. Also, she says one thing to Blankfein (CEO of Goldman Sachs) and tells the people another. Voted for the Iraq war and championed her husband's policies. Also, responsible for the destabilization of Libya, Syria, Honduras, and Haiti as Secretary Of State :francis: I can go on and on.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I can understand that being controversial but the way people are making it seem it's like she killed someone or was caught with a brick. Is it illegal?
Technically, yes. And it could risk national security because a private server is far less secure than the government one.

And it appears she had something to hide by doing it because she deleted them and being on a private server makes it not subject to Freedom of Information Act requests.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Technically, yes. And it could risk national security because a private server is far less secure than the government one.

And it appears she had something to hide by doing it because she deleted them and being on a private server makes it not subject to Freedom of Information Act requests.
This...

It all came out because it became apparent she was avoiding FOIA. Then people started peering in further and in typical Hillary fashion instead of coming clean she went into turtle mode and it looked even more disingenuous.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'd hope the highest levels of the State Dept would have their shyt on point.

I would too, but you'd be surprised... http://thehill.com/policy/technology/281560-five-of-the-most-outdated-it-system-in-the-government

Defense's floppy disks

The Defense Department has a 53-year-old system that is used as a backup to send and receive emergency action messages from nuclear forces, including nuclear bombers and tanker-support aircraft. It runs on a 1970s-era computer system and uses 8-inch floppy disks, which can hold only a fraction of the storage space of modern flash drives. The GAO said replacement parts are difficult to find “because they are now obsolete.”

The Pentagon is planning to complete a replacement of the entire system by 2020. But Defense’s chief information officer Terry Halvorsen said that the floppy disks are not an urgent priority because the system is working fine: “The reliability factor on that system is where I need it to be…it is completely secure because it is a closed system.”

IRS's 1950s code

The master file at the Internal Revenue Service where the public’s taxes are assessed and refunds are generated is running on a 1950s “assembly language code.” The GAO says the computer language is fast, but it is usually only able to run on a single computer and is difficult to maintain.

Because of the difficulty in syncing up the systems, the report said the IRS has trouble addressing refund fraud and risks making mistakes. The system, which costs $13.6 million per year to maintain, is supposed to be replaced, but there is no firm date.

Social Security's former retirees

The Social Security Administration has rehired former employees who were some of the few that knew how to operate the complex system that determines retirement benefits and eligibility. The system is 31 years old and made up of 162 subsystems, with some running on a early 1960s-era programming language called COBOL.

Much of the system was developed by the agency itself rather than contractors, and officials report that “most of the employees who developed these systems are ready to retire and the agency will lose their collective knowledge.” The agency has been modernizing the system over the years, but more than half of the budget is dedicated to maintaining it.

State's ‘information security’ concerns

A 26-year-old system at the State Department to track and validate visa information for nearly 55,000 foreign nationals each year is running graphic interface software that is no longer supported by the vendor. GAO noted the main challenges with State's aging technology is “information security and infrastructure concerns.” The agency is planning to start a replacement in 2018. But GAO said that it is replacing unsupported software with a new version, “which is also not supported.”

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I can understand that being controversial but the way people are making it seem it's like she killed someone or was caught with a brick. Is it illegal?

People did die. She lied about why and how to relatives faces.

Five different foreign powers accessed her server setup. Allegedly.

Her staff leaves classified documents unsecured in hotel rooms and inside cars in foreign countries.

Her surrogates try to condemn Trump for his hotel businesd dealings with Russians to obfuscate the bigger issue that the Clinton Foundation is a money laundering front where foreigners can buy access, board memberships or the majority of the US's stockpile of uranium.

All of that shyt happened. Those are not conspiracy theories.

Every hit on Trump is basic projection.

Put evetything together and a more disturbing picture of intentional lackness creates itself. There's a reason there's a rebellion on the inside. She's doing the people who keep us secure like she did the Travel Department.

Clinton has been selling out US and ally lives for personal enrichment.