Can the coli set up a Mutual Aid fund?

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
Let's just say if a situation happens in the media where a young breh/brehette might've have lost their job or could be facing legal ramifications when dealing with cacs in America and we may wanna send a lil something their way. Lend a hand in a sense.

I'm thinking we put a cap on it, no more than $5, $10 max you can donate with a minimum of $1.

I remember @bdizzle set something up like this years ago for a sister who took on some adopted kids, and they sent them gifts, wondering if anyone else would be down.

@Fried Egg Sandwich what you think breh

Slangtonomo

Formerly Slang Dussain Ali
Daps
Reppin
www.weohh.com
Nah, I don't trust them... Especially Barnett

:russ:

But seriously this is a fairly good idea. I call it only fair due to the racial makeup of the coli. We discuss alot of black issues, but the site isn't black, which may not matter.

Me personally, will have something like this as a part of my movement The W.O.B.E. (The World of Black Excellence).

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's just say if a situation happens in the media where a young breh/brehette might've have lost their job or could be facing legal ramifications when dealing with cacs in America and we may wanna send a lil something their way. Lend a hand in a sense.

I'm thinking we put a cap on it, no more than $5, $10 max you can donate with a minimum of $1.

I remember @bdizzle set something up like this years ago for a sister who took on some adopted kids, and they sent them gifts, wondering if anyone else would be down.

@Fried Egg Sandwich what you think breh

I love the idea... 90% of the reason why a lot of brothers and sisters don’t stand up against certain racist practices or policies is because they are afraid of getting blackballed and losing that corporate salary, even if it’s only temporary.. if they felt confident enough that there was a financial support system in place that could float them temporarily, I think more people would be willing to stand up

And furthermore, there are plenty of gifted and talented brothers/sisters that could be great mentors to young people that need them... Only thing is that most of their time is spent earning and providing for their immediate family which leaves very little time to spare for anything else... if their income could be supplemented to the point where they could work less and teach more, the community would be better for it....

I say all that to say, when people say we should move as a village, financially subsidizing those who are putting in work is a must.... don’t even get me started on how we don’t raise funds to pay for legal fees for black victims that are getting railroaded by the system...

MLK died for us... and his family went through a brief stretch of poverty after his death until some celebrities stepped in... that’s unacceptable...the community should have had Correta’s back... and I think the same happened to Betty Shabazz

Last edited: