Can We Admit That Scarface Is The Most Over Hyped Movie Of All Time?

How You Feel About Scarface?

• OP bugging, Scarface is a classic.

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Movie is not a classic, but it's still good.

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Scarface is just ok. Not bad or good.

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • I don't get the hype, movie is trash.

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
Rappers hype this shyt up to be more than it was, when in reality this shyt was an average movie, with above average quotables.

I don't know anyone who has this movie in their top 10. Yet people wanna pretend that this shyt is a classic. Plus the length of the movie kills its rewatchability.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
R.O. Double 's post received the following reputation(s)
No one has left a reputation for this post yet.

:ehh:

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I still laugh that there were no actual latinos (I think maybe 1) in this movie. DePalma admitted he was so coked out of his mind when making this that it was nuts. I'm pretty sure the rest of the cast followed suit. It's a cult classic but really awful awful movie. Never held it in high regard like most rappers. More of a dark comedy to me b/c its so silly and over the top with violence but I understand how other feel about it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I've said it. Not that it's the most overrated of all time cause it ain't but definitely said it's not a great movie even though it has a great performance in it. It's legacy and rep are way stronger than the actual product. It lingered in nothingness until hip hop revived it

Conz

Superstar
Daps
it's not a particularly well made movie and it's the hammiest performance in the history of cinema, imo. i don't even kinda like it.

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
It was a great film that didn't skip any part of the come up till death. From a camp to a mansion. Some people say it fell off in the second half but id rather it tell the story all the way than a bunch of action with no plot. I can see the argument though
200.gif

Even as a kid I was like how he hit that u-turn and around dude body :ohhh: