Can we post music in Higher Learning?

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
In this song Canibus discusses various executive orders, treaties which shape the laws we are under, and other caveats such as not being able to legally use the constitution to defend laws and how people are refereed to as capital within the text of various executive orders. He also talks about relevant court cases which have shaped our (US) laws.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
didn't listen to it, but I have a feeling that he has the facts more or less right.

I remember he dropped one of the most well researched computer hardware references in a freestyle on the wake-up show back in the 90s. Based on that, I know that he tends to know what he is talking about at least somewhat before he says anything.

Shame that he had his career destroyed because he didn't have "star" appeal and lost a battle to that r&b artist turned-bad-actor LL cool J.

It reminds of another music thread in this sub-forum where people said IWW was better than illmatic.

See soft people like soft music, and women are naturally soft, which is great for women. However, there are a large portion of men who like soft music, and these men typically say things like IWW is better than Illmatic. When you combine soft men with females you , you get a massive voting block of soft bullshyt and you end up in a situation where only r&b artists like LL cool J "win" rap battles with bullshyt rhymes, and superior rappers like Cannibus lose because their rhymes are creative, complex and beyond the comprehension of soft me and females.

Same soft males prefer the current golden era of softness where Drake, Future, Fetty wrap, and even semi-sweets like Kendrick Lamar "rap" their way into the hearts of soft fans. These soft men can't stand grimey albums like "The War Report" or "OBFCL" or even the great "Ilmatic".

Whereas in golden era of Hip-hop Cannibus was praised for his outstanding song features (lost boyz "beast from the east") and his battlerap/ freestyle ability. He was praised for being an intellectual lyricist. Today's rappers are praised for making subpar r&b songs with autotjne.

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
didn't listen to it, but I have a feeling that he has the facts more or less right.

I remember he dropped one of the most well researched computer hardware references in a freestyle on the wake-up show back in the 90s. Based on that, I know that he tends to know what he is talking about at least somewhat before he says anything.

Shame that he had his career destroyed because he didn't have "star" appeal and lost a battle to that r&b artist turned-bad-actor LL cool J.

It reminds of another music thread in this sub-forum where people said IWW was better than illmatic.

See soft people like soft music, and women are naturally soft, which is great for women. However, there are a large portion of men who like soft music, and these men typically say things like IWW is better than Illmatic. When you combine soft men with females you , you get a massive voting block of soft bullshyt and you end up in a situation where only r&b artists like LL cool J "win" rap battles with bullshyt rhymes, and superior rappers like Cannibus lose because their rhymes are creative, complex and beyond the comprehension of soft me and females.

Same soft males prefer the current golden era of softness where Drake, Future, Fetty wrap, and even semi-sweets like Kendrick Lamar "rap" their way into the hearts of soft fans. These soft men can't stand grimey albums like "The War Report" or "OBFCL" or even the great "Ilmatic".

Whereas in golden era of Hip-hop Cannibus was praised for his outstanding song features (lost boyz "beast from the east") and his battlerap/ freestyle ability. He was praised for being an intellectual lyricist. Today's rappers are praised for making subpar r&b songs with autotjne.

:russ:

lamenting about "today's rappers" check
using the phrase "golden era" check
references to "auto tune" check
a shot at drake? check

ahhhh man I'm so happy I'm 24 and not flabbynsick

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
:russ:

lamenting about "today's rappers" check
using the phrase "golden era" check
references to "auto tune" check
a shot at drake? check

ahhhh man I'm so happy I'm 24 and not flabbynsick

I am happy I grew up in an era when garbage wasn't standard of quality.

when blatant ghostwriting, studio enhanced vocals, and the commercialization of hip-hop was shunned by a large segment of the fanbase and artists.

it probably is shunned by a large segment of the fan base now, but in a era where there is no market for sub-pop record sales, the casual fans have become the only prominent voice in market place.

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am happy I grew up in an era when garbage wasn't standard of quality.

when blatant ghostwriting, studio enhanced vocals, and the commercialization of hip-hop was shunned by a large segment of the fanbase and artists.

it probably is shunned by a large segment of the fan base now, but in a era where there is no market for sub-pop record sales, the casual fans have become the only prominent voice in market place.

:russ:it continues

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
:russ:it continues

Yes, and garbage rap continues....until hopefully the next generation redirects music.

I see underground grimey acts that have gained traction like Xavier Wulf or lil herb. while I don't necessary like their music, they represent that there those out there who don't like soft music. Odd Future is another one of these acts.

See... I maybe 7 years older, but even back then, we had drake equivalents like Puff Daddy, LL cool J, Jay-Z, Mase or nelly.

Of course soft-pop rap was much more successful than the hip-hop I liked even back then. So as it was, so shall it be. Garbage Pop rap dominants because of a garbage fanbase. The names have transitioned from Puffy Daddy and John forte to Drake and Future, but the destructive garbage commercialization of hip-hop will continue but in an accelerated format.

Brosef

I respect O.G. knowledge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot

giphy.gif