Can we really blame Konami for tossing Kojima in the Bushes?

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
I mean think about it, it takes my man half almost half a fukking decade to make linear 1 game that is mostly made of cutscenes and backtracking. This new shyt he got going on with no gameplay or real trailers is overrated.

Most of the budget goes paying hiring famous actors with little to no dialogue (Big Boss/Sutherland)

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps

giphy.gif

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Oh, Brother, do you not understand the spectacle that is MGS? That franchise alone, created more jobs than Obama!

You're gonna sit there on your squeaky 'puter chair and say it was wise or that we shouldn't blame Konami? See what we have here is an apologizin', no good, piece of filth, who happens to have a brain large enough to be a moron. What you should do, is research the greatness of man....THE man! and come to gripes that sometimes, companies are giant fukks up, and instead of moving on, they should've groveled at the feet of Kojima, they should've given him an air tight contract with a blank check and a WHOLE lot of ink.

What you are OP is a hapless idiot, you're a cartoon character, with the hopes that we never meet in the ring or I will rip whats left of your hair out, bend you over my knee, spank you stupid, and take your girl to space mountain....

giphy.gif

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I mean think about it, it takes my man half almost half a fukking decade to make linear 1 game that is mostly made of cutscenes and backtracking. This new shyt he got going on with no gameplay or real trailers is overrated.

Most of the budget goes paying hiring famous actors with little to no dialogue (Big Boss/Sutherland)
:gucci::pacspit:
You dummies don't deserve good games.
MGS gets criticized for cut scenes. :beli:
Kojima puts out a game that is nearly devoid of cut scenes and has incredible game play and people still complain. :why:
But this thread is about whether or not Konami was right to split with Kojima.
What has Konami done? :jbhmm:

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
I think it just got to a point where he was costing them too much money. They build a whole new game engine just for MGSV and hired Keifer Sutherland for no reason at all lol. He probably felt that they were restricting his art by putting deadlines on his shyt too

Split made sense from all sides, Kojima was trying to leave the Metal Gear series for a decade + anyway :yeshrug:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
this is really the first time we get Kojima without Konami so we will see if he’s what you say or if Konami held him back. I would put money on the latter

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:gucci::pacspit:
You dummies don't deserve good games.
MGS gets criticized for cut scenes. :beli:
Kojima puts out a game that is nearly devoid of cut scenes and has incredible game play and people still complain. :why:
But this thread is about whether or not Konami was right to split with Kojima.
What has Konami done? :jbhmm:
Correct me if I’m wrong but Gameplay is the one thing that kojima is least in charge of.

We pretend it’s only one man, but the gameplay of MGSV would have been the same with or without him.

He’s responsible for the story/presentation which was the weak point of the game.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Correct me if I’m wrong but Gameplay is the one thing that kojima is least in charge of.

We pretend it’s only one man, but the gameplay of MGSV would have been the same with or without him.

He’s responsible for the story/presentation which was the weak point of the game.
So what has Konami done without him?