Can we talk about how Scotty Appleton got Pookie killed?

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
The coli hates New Jack City now :mjlol:

new-jack-city-wesley-snipes.gif

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Most Black actors up until the mid 90's were from bougie backgrounds and often ran with a bunch of cacs.
Cac directors think all Black folks are from the ghetto and usually hire the bougie Black actors who overdo it for hood roles.
Because they didn't know shyt about Black folks and have no respect for us as humans, cac directors weren't looking for subtlety, nor did they really know the difference.
So that's why most Black movies up until the 90's had really c00nish performances from Black actors.
Vanessa Williams' performance as Keisha under the direction of bougie ass Mario Van Peebles is a prime example.

Robert Townsend spoofed all of this shyt in Hollywood Shuffle. The whole movie was based on real shyt.

We think of Laurence Fishburne as a dignified breh now, but before the rise of black directors, he played a bunch of c00n roles
Fish is in the fedora and pink glasses:

Why these nikkas dancing wit each other?:russ::dame:

b. woods

Peace
Daps
G-Money did throw Kareem under the bus quick as fukk :mjlol:

:russ: And he tried to make a sllck comment to Nino immediately afterwards

Gee: (turns away from Nino) If you was taking care of business instead of-- :rudy:

Nino: If I was "WHAT"?!!?! :ufdup:

He really wanted to say "If you was taking care of business instead of fukking my girl :dry:, this would've never happened. :rudy:"

He knew better, though. :ufdup:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
White boy was ex military special forces.. They didn't know there was gonna be a bomb. He just happened to be there when they found it.

Also Scottie didn't get this man jammed up :russ:

Scottie got him clean and said peace out. Pookie begged to help. Even laid a guilt trip on Scottie that if he didn't let him, he'd go back to using. Everything was going just fine. They stuck Pookie on guard watch at first.. G-Money says he's been bringing them so many new customers that he needs a promotion and puts him in the crack room. He was filming and shyt and got too tempted by the crack and stole one and then there's that.

But it's not like Scottie fukked him up. Once he got in the crack room he probably should have deaded the shyt. But he again asked Pookie and Pookie assured him.
I know this ain't the movie room, but fukk it. I watched New Jack City the other day, why this nikka was applying so much pressure to homie? Dude got off crack like two weeks ago, infiltrated a crack house doing his thing. And then homie step to him on some dumb shyt. every time I see that scene I'm like wtf of course that nikka cracked under all that pressure (BONUS) :mjlol: That nikka Pookie was acting a fool in that bytch. LMAO. I know crack make you do some dumb shyt, but I still refuse to believe crackheads don't believe in self preservation. Also, Ice T and Judd Nelson being the nikkas to disarm the bomb. They was regular street cops. Movie was legit ass. And don't get me started on Nino turning into a Navy Seal Special Forces type nikka only to get his ass whooped a few scenes later.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Why did Keisha think she was bulletproof during the wedding shootout?

Just ran into the open for no reason and got lit the fukk up :mjlol:

Overzealousness

She was clearly feelin herself a little too much after putting Fat Smitty's brains on the sidewalk. :damn:

Look at how she was acting when Frankie Needles and those Italians showed up at The Spotlite on New Year's or when the Old Man came through to prevent Nino from passing out money.

She paid the ultimate price for being a tryhard. :ufdup:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Yeah, they did him dirty and he was Nino’s punching bag. All he wanted was to make extra money aside from his cushy bank job :to:. Kareem even alerted them that Scotty was a cop, helping them to escape just for him to get detained and possibly take the fall for everything
I mean this stupid motherfukker was free and decided to show up, front row, at the trial. I'd have been watching from Brazil

b. woods

Peace
Daps
White boy was ex military special forces.. They didn't know there was gonna be a bomb. He just happened to be there when they found it.

Also Scottie didn't get this man jammed up :russ:

Scottie got him clean and said peace out. Pookie begged to help. Even laid a guilt trip on Scottie that if he didn't let him, he'd go back to using. Everything was going just fine. They stuck Pookie on guard watch at first.. G-Money says he's been bringing them so many new customers that he needs a promotion and puts him in the crack room. He was filming and shyt and got too tempted by the crack and stole one and then there's that.

But it's not like Scottie fukked him up. Once he got in the crack room he probably should have deaded the shyt. But he again asked Pookie and Pookie assured him.

And they desperately pulled out the wires to defuse it. :pachaha: