Can you customize your remote keyfob /car starters???

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
lamborghini_key.jpg
koenigsegg-key-fob-4-520x390.jpg

I was watching need for speed the movie the other night, and the scene where they unveiled the koeingsegg. and i saw that remote key starter and it was beautiful. How come luxury cars get the insane looking remote key starters and our regular cars get crap rubber bands with keys attached to them. Isnt there a way to order customized keyfobs. or can someone build something like that remote for each brand of the car. imagine a large minature icon emblazoned keyfob that could start your car open the door, that fits in the palm of your hand the size of a small cell phone... Why havent someone capitalized on this idea yet?

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dapped your for you creative thinking

Sadly, can't be done on wide scale. The controller in the fob randomly generates encryption keys, so that pretty much rules out 3rd parties making replacements. Maybe you could find someone to add diamonds to the bezel, but they wont be able to alter the circuit board. AKA, the shape of you key fob will probably always be stupid looking clunky plastic and metal

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I dapped your for you creative thinking

Sadly, can't be done on wide scale. The controller in the fob randomly generates encryption keys, so that pretty much rules out 3rd parties making replacements. Maybe you could find someone to add diamonds to the bezel, but they wont be able to alter the circuit board. AKA, the shape of you key fob will probably always be stupid looking clunky plastic and metal

So then why dont the dealerships offer a premium keyfob designed with the cars brought buy owners. Customized to go with the car. I seen what BMW is doing and it's like

:obama:
784b307ed0a8430950a8098a20c047d2.jpg

I would gladly pay $500 extra to have a customized keyfob if I'm ordering a car off the lot. I'm sure they can order it to match your car.

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
i can't alter shyt on my key fob. the whole key goes into the ignition...

@10:29 they show the startup with the key :sadcam:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I was watching need for speed the movie the other night, and the scene where they unveiled the koeingsegg. and i saw that remote key starter and it was beautiful. How come luxury cars get the insane looking remote key starters and our regular cars get crap rubber bands with keys attached to them. Isnt there a way to order customized keyfobs. or can someone build something like that remote for each brand of the car. imagine a large minature icon emblazoned keyfob that could start your car open the door, that fits in the palm of your hand the size of a small cell phone... Why havent someone capitalized on this idea yet?
How was the movie? Looks stupid, but I might rent it when it comes out on DVD.

Fancy keyfob? Well, my parents have a Toyota Camry Hybrid with keyless entry and keyless start. The keyfob is just a rectangular thingy you just keep on your person to open the door and hit the start button. No need to pull it out and hit a button or buttons.