Canelo's Promoter: Saunders is a Runner Like Lara, We Want GGG!

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Last Saturday night, WBO middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders (26-0, 12 KOs) traveled over to Canada to dominate local superstar David Lemieux over twelve one-sided rounds. Lemieux had previously held the IBF title.

Lemieux is promoted by Golden Boy Promotions, who also guide the career of Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo' Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs).

The win by Saunders was a big blow to Golden Boy - who had hoped to secure the WBO title - which would have opened up another fight option for Canelo.

saunders-canelo_1.jpg

Canelo is currently in talks for a rematch with IBF, IBO, WBA, WBC middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin, for the Cinco De Mayo date of May 5th, likely in Las Vegas.

They fought back in September, at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, and the bout ended in a controversial twelve round split draw.

After his victory last week, Saunders said he was more interested in a fight with Canelo as opposed to a Golovkin clash.

Could Saunders become another option for Canelo?

Not right now, according to Golden Boy Promotions President Eric Gomez.

Gomez was not very happy with the way Saunders vs. Lemieux played out.

He felt Saunders fought in a very similar manner to Erislandy Lara, who lost a razor close decision to Canelo in 2014.

Gomez takes nothing away from Saunders' win, but feels that type of style would create a fight that won't really be fan friendly for a pay-per-view audience.

They want the most exciting fight possible - which is why they want the rematch with Golovkin.

"We already knew he was a good fighter :duck:but what surprised us is how much he runs. He does not allow himself to fight, he starts running, it's a very annoying style. Canelo already fought with a similar style with Erislandy Lara and he got through it. So having said that, we're going to keep the focus on the tiebreaker [with Golovkin]," Gomez said to ESPN Deportes.

Also at running:mjlol:

U turned into a track star but when others do it u have a problem with it?:mjpls:

It’s clear canelo was looking into fighting sanders but he looked too good for his sake, David’s not a option anymore so now we hearing your team wanting to fight triple g again :sas1:

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
We doing a permanent avi bet again?:umad:
fukk all that.

We all know triple g won the fight.

I went to a barber shop that I go sometimes and see the barber I made a bet with, he even siad triple g won but since it wasn’t official he didn’t have to pay me.

I’m avi reputation is on the line from crooked judges.

What was that score Ross had?:dahell:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
we all know danny jacobs won and we all know you was popping hot shyt before Canelo showed how ordinary Golovkin is.:umad:

If you get confidence in your fighter let me know. I know it's a wrap in May, especially when Canelo ain't in those winning sparring gloves anymore.:banderas:

ndthentherewasx

El Capitan
Daps
Reppin
Tejas, Texas Sur
Also at running:mjlol:

U turned into a track star but when others do it u have a problem with it?:mjpls:

It’s clear canelo was looking into fighting sanders but he looked too good for his sake, David’s not a option anymore so now we hearing your team wanting to fight triple g again :sas1:

Canelo was planting and throwing bombs all night.

Lara didn't plant at all and stopped punching altogether

Saunders Lemieux fight was :smh::thumbsdown:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
That Lara/Canelo fight could have went either way, but Fishnet got those judges in his back pocket as evident by the one lopsided score. Same way there was one lopsided score in the Canelo/GGG fight. Same way there was one lopsided score in the Canelo/Trout fight. Same way CJ Ross saw a draw in the Canelo/Mayweather fight. At a certain point one really needs to look at GB and go :patrice: To be fair the whole industry is crooked. Crooked Bob pulled some sheisty sh!t on ESPN with Manny and Horn. Even Allah Haymon isn't above it. Ghost got outboxed and at one point put to sleep by Aaron Martinez and the referee still managed not to stop the fight and the judges still gave Ghost the nod. Didn't even bother interviewing poor Martinez after the fight like he was the one that did something wrong.

Still, Lara started eating some body shots and got on his bicycle to be fair and gave some rounds away. Regardless, that's a lot of nerve for Canelo's team to be talking about running. That's some real irony for ya.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
we all know danny jacobs won and we all know you was popping hot shyt before Canelo showed how ordinary Golovkin is.:umad:

If you get confidence in your fighter let me know. I know it's a wrap in May, especially when Canelo ain't in those winning sparring gloves anymore.:banderas:

Even Danny Jacobs had triple g wining, VERY few believe Danny won, deep down stanning aside u know that too:myman:

Trip out, I just rewatched the canelo triple g last night since September, Clear victory by triple g:wow:.

I strongly recommend u re watch the fight before u comment.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
That Lara/Canelo fight could have went either way, but Fishnet got those judges in his back pocket as evident by the one lopsided score. Same way there was one lopsided score in the Canelo/GGG fight. Same way there was one lopsided score in the Canelo/Trout fight. Same way CJ Ross saw a draw in the Canelo/Mayweather fight. At a certain point one really needs to look at GB and go :patrice: To be fair the whole industry is crooked. Crooked Bob pulled some sheisty sh!t on ESPN with Manny and Horn. Even Allah Haymon isn't above it. Ghost got outboxed and at one point put to sleep by Aaron Martinez and the referee still managed not to stop the fight and the judges still gave Ghost the nod. Didn't even bother interviewing poor Martinez after the fight like he was the one that did something wrong.

Still, Lara started eating some body shots and got on his bicycle to be fair and gave some rounds away. Regardless, that's a lot of nerve for Canelo's team to be talking about running. That's some real irony for ya.
Breh canelo only landed 24 head shots, that includes jabs and everything.

Has a fighter ever won a 12 round fight with 24 head shots?:dahell:

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Canelo was planting and throwing bombs all night.

Lara didn't plant at all and stopped punching altogether

Saunders Lemieux fight was :smh::thumbsdown:
Canelo did exactly what Lara did, both threw punches and ran(which I’m ok with)

The sanders and David fight was good, what were u upset about?

ndthentherewasx

El Capitan
Daps
Reppin
Tejas, Texas Sur
Canelo did exactly what Lara did, both threw punches and ran(which I’m ok with)

The sanders and David fight was good, what were u upset about?

I was at a bar, caught the first 4 rds, not alot was happening, so I started chatting it up with the ppl there and lost interest

Whenever I'd glance up to see I'd see Lemieux chasing but doing nothing. Saunders schooled him.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Even Danny Jacobs had triple g wining, VERY few believe Danny won, deep down stanning aside u know that too:myman:

Trip out, I just rewatched the canelo triple g last night since September, Clear victory by triple g:wow:.

I strongly recommend u re watch the fight before u comment.

He also had Broner beating Garcia.:pachaha:

Let me find out you're watching a stream rip from a Russian telecast in 240p. Cause all I saw was Golovkin getting outboxed, hitting air, unable to even bother Canelo when lil g did connect on his noticeably gassed opponent.

Luck is for the mediocre, so I wish y'all better luck next time breh. @ me if you still tryna run your avi.:umad:

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
He also had Broner beating Garcia.:pachaha:

Let me find out you're watching a stream rip from a Russian telecast in 240p. Cause all I saw was Golovkin getting outboxed, hitting air, unable to even bother Canelo when lil g did connect on his noticeably gassed opponent.

Luck is for the mediocre, so I wish y'all better luck next time breh. @ me if you still tryna run your avi.:umad:
Lol I knew u would say that about Danny:mjlol:

It’s what happens when u go 12 rounds with triple g:manny:

If u claim he was hitting air then I’m assuming u didn’t watch the fight.

See when u re watch it u need to go in thinking/seeing it objectively.

Gotta take off the stanning goggles.:francis:

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Breh canelo only landed 24 head shots, that includes jabs and everything.

Has a fighter ever won a 12 round fight with 24 head shots?:dahell:

Doesn't change the fact that Lara ate a couple to the ribs and got on his Schwinn. I was pissed that night too cuz I wanted Lara to win and thought he won, but despite the judge obviously in GB's pocket, Lara still gave some rounds away. And a fair argument can be made he gave too many latter rounds away. Not a Cinnabon stan by any means.