Car Brehs, Need Yall's Input

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Since the camaro's gonna go outta production soon, what yall think the prices gonna be like on the used market afterwards?

Appreciation or depreciation? Or for things to stay about the same?

Wish I could cop a new one this year, but it'll be best for me to go used probably next year at the earliest.

I was a kid the last time the camaro went out of production, so for yall older brehs, how'd prices look back then?

Not sure what to expect with this looking like the last V8 camaro generation, and the s650 mustang being the only V8 muscle car for the time being

Chevy said they want to go all electric in the future, but im holding out for a miracle that theyll do one more generation of V8 camaro's :lupe:

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
I plan on buying one hopefully by the end of this year. Id like to order mind but if i can find one close to my specs ill buy it new off the lot

As far as value, theres alot of em out there so dont get excited. The v8’s will have SOME value to them. Depending on the trim. The v8s with the 1LE packages will be valuable at some point in time especially if they have a manual and no sunroof (structural rigidity). Zl1s will hold their values the most .

Other than that i cant call it breh :manny:

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
Oh an prices have risen slot since the 6th gen released . A well optioned 1ss youll be leaving at about 45-48 otd

kj614

You must quiet your mind.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Family
They're third.. Dodge, Mustang then Camaro as far as those Three

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
if you able to snatch up a camaro SS... then do so but people complain that the headroom and back rear view is horrible i would find someway to install some aftermarket wide angle cameras to see your blind spots
I thought about that when i first got interested in them . spent a month and change driving one and its not bad for visibility . Long as your mirrors adjusted well then your good. Im not that tall though so ymmv

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
if you able to snatch up a camaro SS... then do so but people complain that the headroom and back rear view is horrible i would find someway to install some aftermarket wide angle cameras to see your blind spots
I think the overhead 360 view camera is available as an option now; as well as the camera in the rear view mirror.

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
Since the camaro's gonna go outta production soon, what yall think the prices gonna be like on the used market afterwards?

Appreciation or depreciation? Or for things to stay about the same?

Wish I could cop a new one this year, but it'll be best for me to go used probably next year at the earliest.

I was a kid the last time the camaro went out of production, so for yall older brehs, how'd prices look back then?

Not sure what to expect with this looking like the last V8 camaro generation, and the s650 mustang being the only V8 muscle car for the time being

Chevy said they want to go all electric in the future, but im holding out for a miracle that theyll do one more generation of V8 camaro's :lupe:
Alright, just so you're aware, GM cut the production rate of the Camaro because they aren't selling. If you really want a new one before they go out of production, the average wait time is 2-3 months, but it can be as high as 6-10 months depending on the trim level, package and color you want. The wait time is dealer dependent and determined by the amount of allocation GM gives them; the more Camaros they've sold from the previous year, the more production slots they get and vice versa. And lastly, certain items are on constraint for that car (the performance data recorder), that will affect how long it takes to get your car as well. I cannot stress this enough - ask if the dealer has Camaro allocations before you place your order with them; if the sales person doesn't know, they need to ask their manger. For GM allocations are typically given out on Tuesdays and orders are accepted on Thursday's usually.

I sure hope GM has upped their plant security; Camaros, CT4-V, CT5-V's and their Blackwing equivalent models have been stolen from the assembly plant staging lots in Lansing (they're built on the same assembly line). :dead:

Oh yeah, before I forget -- if the dealer allocation code is CAMALL, that allocation is for any Camaro, where as CAMV is for a convertible, and CAM is for a coupe only. The priority number the dealer gives you is the number of dealer orders that the dealer has ahead of yours (priority 1 means there's one order ahead of yours, etc). And mostly importantly, the number that's most important to you the customer is the order status code that GM gives the dealer; it's a 4 digit number and if it's in the 2000's or greater, your order has been accepted by Chevy to be built. I know this is a lot of information but I hope it helps.

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
That's cool... when they built the car that should have been the option since day 1...:ld:

Was still in development back then for the Vette; a lot of stuff the Camaro and V-Series cars gets is because of the Corvette. Won't happen on the engine side this time though unfortunately (at least I don't think so).

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
I'm thinking the 5th gen seems like the best option for me

Far as reliability, how do they hold up close to or after 100k miles?

Cause I want a better idea of maintenence costs + possible repairs. Specifically for the V8. V6 seems to have more problems

Also, can anybody give me the pros and cons of the L99 vs the LS3? :jbhmm:

I know I'd need to do a DoD delete if I get the auto, but do yall think that's worth it over getting the manual from the jump?

Never drove manual, but my dad can teach me. Im in the country so there's plenty of places to practice too. But do y'all think a 5th gen camaro would be too much to handle for a first manual?

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
I'm thinking the 5th gen seems like the best option for me

Far as reliability, how do they hold up close to or after 100k miles?

Cause I want a better idea of maintenence costs + possible repairs. Specifically for the V8. V6 seems to have more problems

Also, can anybody give me the pros and cons of the L99 vs the LS3? :jbhmm:

I know I'd need to do a DoD delete if I get the auto, but do yall think that's worth it over getting the manual from the jump?

Never drove manual, but my dad can teach me. Im in the country so there's plenty of places to practice too. But do y'all think a 5th gen camaro would be too much to handle for a first manual?
No way id pick a 5th gen over the 6th unless it was the z/28 that came with the 427.

Everything is better than on the 6th gen and looks better. The lt1 6.2 is the same as the ls3 only direct injected. Id wholeheartedly choose the manual over any auto for the fun factor and you squeeze a little more power out of the engine stock.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
No way id pick a 5th gen over the 6th unless it was the z/28 that came with the 427.

Everything is better than on the 6th gen and looks better. The lt1 6.2 is the same as the ls3 only direct injected. Id wholeheartedly choose the manual over any auto for the fun factor and you squeeze a little more power out of the engine stock.
Trust, I want that 6th gen :russ:

The performance stock for stock aint even close

But the 5th is cheaper. Plus, the ls3 is easier to modify from what I've read and heard

That mf heavy, but for a first performance car, will be a step up from any of the cars I've driven so far

Can always get something faster later