Car is about to take a dive, options?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
1. Cut my losses and sell it on craigslist now while it still runs?
2. Literally drive it till it dies and tow it to a scrap yard and sell by the ton?

Option One leaves me with no car temporarily. My mother is gonna give me her 115k mile car in less than a month and I have a company vehicle so I can get to work and basic places like the store after work.

To me I'm leaning to go carless temporarily AMD get the most back for it cause once it does its worthless. What's been Yall experience with junk cars? The tranny is slipping AMD there's motor oil in the engine coolant. The car is noisey as hell when you first accelerate but it can be driven.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
In michigan you need a car. If you were in a big non midwest city other than chicago, i'd say option 1. In your case i say begin the process of buying the new car if you plan to, or start driving the family car and selling your beater immediately therafter.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
In michigan you need a car. If you were in a big non midwest city other than chicago, i'd say option 1. In your case i say begin the process of buying the new car if you plan to, or start driving the family car and selling your beater immediately therafter.
I could go without a car for a brief stint cause I have a work vehicle. I just seem to think the more I drive that beater the closer I bring it to death.