Carmelo Anthony begins new firm

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Carmelo Anthony begins new firm
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...-begins-venture-capital-firm-m7-tech-partners

Signed to the New York Knicks for another five seasons, Carmelo Anthony is already looking to life after basketball.

[+] Enlarge
Jim McIsaac/Getty ImagesCarmelo Anthony already has a good grip on basketball and is now trying his hand at being a venture capitalist.
On Monday, Anthony announced the creation of M7 Tech Partners, a venture capital firm whose only partners are Anthony and Stuart Goldfarb, the former CEO of Bertelsmann, the world's largest direct marketer of music, video and books.

"For as long as I can remember, I've been interested in technology," Anthony said in a statement. "We are actively looking for ventures with strong leadership that resonate with consumers."

Anthony noted that he was particularly intrigued with wearable and connected devices.

"Carmelo is in his prime right now," Goldfarb said. "He has built an incredible global brand and is now interested in building his future while his brand is on the rise."

Goldfarb said the two haven't put a minimum or maximum on how much they will invest in the coming years, though the firm's announcement was accompanied by news of its first investment. M7 has become an equity partner in Hullabalu, an interactive children story company.

Goldfarb said that the firm's interest could gravitate to sport on occasions, but will mainly be focused on "investing in companies that have products that deeply resonate with us."

Anthony agreed to a five-year, $124 million deal with the Knicks last week.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Dude is an embarrassment as a basketball player.

I'm ashamed Syracuse gave him a shot.

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
JRAZtb1.png

• Dap
Reactions: Oso

wheywhey

Pro
Daps
"For as long as I can remember, I've been interested in technology," Anthony said in a statement. "We are actively looking for ventures with strong leadership that resonate with consumers."

Anthony noted that he was particularly intrigued with wearable and connected devices.

There is no way in hell Carmelo made that statement. He is looking to get on the ground floor of a product like Beats by Dre or the next Jordan's.

As someone who doesn't watch sports but follows the business and personal side, this doesn't make much sense. Carmelo himself isn't that much of a draw and I don't perceive him being business savvy like Jay-Z.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
There is no way in hell Carmelo made that statement. He is looking to get on the ground floor of a product like Beats by Dre or the next Jordan's.

As someone who doesn't watch sports but follows the business and personal side, this doesn't make much sense. Carmelo himself isn't that much of a draw and I don't perceive him being business savvy like Jay-Z.

:sas1:

Carmelo Anthony Makes His First VC Plays
http://techcrunch.com/2014/11/24/ga...ed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Techcrunch+(TechCrunch)

wheywhey

Pro
Daps

I've been following the story in the sports forum. Even though the OP in this thread says venture capital, it didn't register in my mind that he was the one who was going to do the investing. I thought he thought companies were going to come to him, which of course isn't the case.