‘Castle Rock’ TV Show Thread (based in the Stephen King Multiverse)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Scott Glenn going full scott glenn at the end was pretty epic :heh:

This show is inconsistent but I'm still invested enought to wanna peep. Sometimes it feels cheesy and network like but with cursing.

I wish it was all up at once so I could binge.

Andre Holland is a bit annoying on this and just makes confused faces all the time.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Aight... is this anygood?

I’m halfway in the first episode and lost.

But in my defense I don’t remember most stephen king movies/shows other than IT.

How does it relate to anything?

all I've been able to tie in (and I've only watched 3/4 of the first ep before I had to turn it off for reasons)

1. Castle Rock is the town Needful Things was set in.

2. Shawshank Penitentiary is the jail from Shawshank Redemption (lotta folks forget it's a King story)

3. Sheriff Alan Pangborn is the lead character in Needful Things. He's also in The Dark Half and was brought up in Gerald's Game.

4. The new warden showed up with a red bag and a red dress? It's a reach but she prolly works for The Red/The Crimson King (the Big Bad of the King U)/Randall Flagg(The Stand and Walter from The Dark Tower, agent of The Crimson King) and doesn't know it. We gonna prolly see her spiral out of control and turn flat out evil. Red motifs are bad in the King universe. "Hey, killer. :demonic:"

I'm about to finish the first ep now.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I want to love this show but it just isn't doing it for me.
And I am kinda getting tired of every episode being 90% meandering and then shyt gets interesting in the last 10 minutes.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I like it. currently on episode 5. It's not on no :gladbron: HOLY shyt level, but it's entertaining.

I'm wondering how somebody who isn't steeped in King lore would enjoy it though.

Its also annoyingly (or unannoyingly, depending on how you look at it) written and paced like almost all of King's books that aren't Dark Tower-centric. Meaning there's a slow buildup to something that I know is gonna be huge in the overall scheme of things, but it's gonna be so small that folks are gonna feel let down by the reveal of it.

Right now I'm just trying to figure if the kid is a baby version of IT and The Crimson King, or if he's a reincarnation of Walter/Randall Flagg.

Prolly neither, but they've dropped TOO MANY references for it to not be something.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
this shyt is dope as fukk to me!
wat6rr.jpg

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Watched all 6 this morning. More intriguing, than entertaining imo. Im vested in it now, so Ill continue.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This last episode was awful. This is a bad show. I didn't want to admit it because of the stellar cast but it is.

And these episode ending shots are such cheap edits.

I get they're designed for those who binge watch it in the future instead of watching week to week but still.

Actually this show does that even for spots where their would usually be a commercial break and cuts to the next scene.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
This last episode was awful. This is a bad show. I didn't want to admit it because of the stellar cast but it is.

And these episode ending shots are such cheap edits.

I get they're designed for those who binge watch it in the future instead of watching week to week but still.

Actually this show does that even for spots where their would usually be a commercial break and cuts to the next scene.
You bugging show is dope