Chamillionaire Speaks Something About Those Who Buying Jewelry and Doing Stupid Things

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I get this is empowering to some but you can’t tell me this don’t come off phony and disingenuous breh:stopitslime:
Yeah

When a person asks you about the risks, the usual response is to explain what those risks are, and what the potential return might be.
To answer the question by saying "bu bu but you're already taking risks" is juelzing.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Clothes, new model cars, and customized jewelry aren't investments.
So obviously a person would be more wary of investment than frivolous purchases.

I disagree with this part. When talking about a rapper or celebrity whose fame and status is based on their look and their appeal, that is exactly what clothes, jewels, model cars are.

Labels literally give up and coming rappers money just to get some fly shyt so they can help sell themselves as fly nikkas. It is 100% an investment.

For me and you? No. For a rapper? Yes

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Get what his point is, but he's reaching a bit here. In fact, he's deflecting. Person investing money looking for a return should look into the risks of the financial vehicle and the track record of the person/firm he's dealing with.

Clothes, new model cars, and customized jewelry aren't investments.
So obviously a person would be more wary of investment than frivolous purchases.

I like Cham, but still remember an interview he did years ago when he blamed "the industry" for the money problems he was having at the time.

An argument can be made that those are investments, just personal in nature. The whole idea of an investment is to put forth capitol with the plan or really hope of getting something extra back in return. When you buy clothes, a car, jewelry, etc., you're investing in yourself. I'm working from home right now, but when I purchased my car it was investment so that I could travel to my place of employment. The car literally aided me in getting back money. I've had jobs where it would have been impossible for me to work at if I didn't have a car.

As dumb as these rappers are, I can see the argument for them purchasing an ugly ass chain to fit an image. The record label fronts them an advance and part of that money can be used to present a certain image to the public. In addition these rappers ain't paying Wack and U strictly for protection money. They get to walk around with an image too that their fans eat right up. Chris Brown's drug addled ass can walk around hollering fruits and dumb ass kids will eat it right up. Dudes like him and Flacko, they literally invested into gangbanging and the fans love it.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
So mj was really just not fukking with him because he was on that mjpls :mjpls:
Cham a dork breh lol

he thought he was gone bid up some Jordan’s to get mike attention

got denied .. then ran to young joc n say don’t goto mike he trippin breh

joc goes man fukk michael Jordan

Cham face :sadcam:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Turned into Jeru the damaja

81TPRWmaqRL._SL1500_.jpg

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
chamillionairee40-1-770x506.jpg

Chamillionaire, E40 and Republic Team Up to Invest $100k in a Startup Company

CARISSA DIAZNOVEMBER 18, 2019

Rapper Chamillionaire announced on CNBC that he and hip-hop artist E-40 are staging a contest that will provide $100,000 to a startup founded by either a woman or a minority.
This is not the first investment for Chamillionaire, whose real name is Hakeem Serik. He was an early investor in Lyft and still holds an investment in the company alongside other prominent startups, such as:

• Ring
  • Cruise
  • Maker Studio
Chamillionaire hopes to use the competition to bring awareness to minority- and women-owned startups, which he believes are currently underrepresented.

“Being an entrepreneur isn’t easy,” he told Squawk Alley, “but it’s even harder for minority- and women-led companies. These people are solving new and unique problems and I think the only thing in their way is capital.”

The problem these entrepreneurs face, according to the rapper, is that it’s mostly white men doing the funding, and that they mostly fund other white men. He believes that this competition can help change this.

Those interested in entering the contest can submit pitches through Convoz, which is a social app that Chamillionaire launched in 2016 to improve public collaboration.
Chamillionaire will actually review the entries personally, along with his team and Republic.co, which is an SEC-registered investment platform that gives startups access to non-accredited investors. That is, small investors.

The rapper has one piece of advice for those who apply. He says, “We’re not just talking about an idea. We’re talking about a real company.”

Also participating in the contest, which will run from November 11 to December 6, is Daymond John, who is a noted Shark Tank investor. He said, “I am so excited to be one of the judges in the $100,000 pitch competition. If you feel that you are ready to pitch and knock it out of the park, I can not wait.”

In 2007, Chamillionaire won a Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group for his song “Ridin’.”

tenor.gif