Chauncey Billups: “Kobe is the most skilled player of all time”

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
T-Mac was an elite defender in Toronto. When he wanted to he was as good as anyone on the perimeter defensively. In Orlando he just had too much on his plate offensively to focus on his defense like that.

I'm the biggest Kobe stan around and I don't find the Kobe-TMac skill debate offensive. They are peers IMO when it comes to skill level. The only separator between the two is intangibles. Kobe was simply the more driven player.

But if we talking pure skill, its not crazy to say T-Mac was as good as Kobe.

I feel you. If we’re including defense as a skill, it’s not close. His peers/the NBA had no reason to overlook his defensive ability and put him at least 2nd team if his defense was that good.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
T-Mac was an elite defender in Toronto. When he wanted to he was as good as anyone on the perimeter defensively. In Orlando he just had too much on his plate offensively to focus on his defense like that.

I'm the biggest Kobe stan around and I don't find the Kobe-TMac skill debate offensive. They are peers IMO when it comes to skill level. The only separator between the two is intangibles. Kobe was simply the more driven player.

But if we talking pure skill, its not crazy to say T-Mac was as good as Kobe.

I feel you. If we’re including defense as a skill, it’s not close. His peers/the NBA had no reason to overlook his defensive ability and put him at least 2nd team if his defense was that good.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Bruh. How old are you? Do you even remember T-Mac when he played with Vince Carter?

I don't care about the All-Defense vote. I remember what I saw. And T-Mac was a dominant force defensively. Hell there were people calling Vince and T-Mac the new Jordan and Pippen back then. And while the Jordan comp was outlandish for Vince, the T-Mac/Pippen comp looked on-point back then. And T-Mac's defense was a major reason people were saying that.

Look I'm a Kobe fan. And I get why you're being defensive. Kobe is the more successful player by a wide margin. But even Kobe would tell you T-Mac was the toughest player he ever had to deal with. Not LeBron. Not Wade. Not anybody else. It was T-Mac. And that was mainly cause T-Mac was just as skilled as Kobe while being taller and more athletic. Now even with those odds stacked against him, Kobe still ended up being the better player. But that was mainly cause of his superior intangibles (like his insane work ethic and killer instinct). With that said, T-Mac was also unlucky with how many injuries he had.

All in all, even if you take injuries out of the equation, at their best I would still take Kobe. Because like I said, that killer instinct would help him overcome a guy who was as skilled and talented as T-Mac.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
:mjlol: @ this white boy not knowing how we talk.

I'll interpret what happened there
You don’t get to interpret for Chauncey c00n. Like Chauncey isn’t smart enough to speak for himself and say what he means. Jalen stayed a top 5 that billups and pierce agreed with. They all have Lebron over Kobe and you’re mad:pachaha:

3 players just said Lebron is “definitely” top 5 and they know much more about basketball than you so fall back and pay proper homage.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Bruh. How old are you? Do you even remember T-Mac when he played with Vince Carter?

I don't care about the All-Defense vote. I remember what I saw. And T-Mac was a dominant force defensively. Hell there were people calling Vince and T-Mac the new Jordan and Pippen back then. And while the Jordan comp was outlandish for Vince, the T-Mac/Pippen comp looked on-point back then. And T-Mac's defense was a major reason people were saying that.

Look I'm a Kobe fan. And I get why you're being defensive. Kobe is the more successful player by a wide margin. But even Kobe would tell you T-Mac was the toughest player he ever had to deal with. Not LeBron. Not Wade. Not anybody else. It was T-Mac. And that was mainly cause T-Mac was just as skilled as Kobe while being taller and more athletic. Now even with those odds stacked against him, Kobe still ended up being the better player. But that was mainly cause of his superior intangibles (like his insane work ethic and killer instinct). With that said, T-Mac was also unlucky with how many injuries he had.

All in all, even if you take injuries out of the equation, at their best I would still take Kobe. Because like I said, that killer instinct would help him overcome a guy who was as skilled and talented as T-Mac.

Bruh I'm old enough to remember that (I'm 31). I was a huge VC fan and followed them religiously for a min. That proves my point though; all that "baby jordan" talk VC was getting at the time...it was for his offensive ability. Not saying this is you, but a lot of people tend to just remember offense when talking about past people. I'm also not saying Tmac was a slouch defensively because he wasn't. He was a good help defender. All I'm saying is he should have at least gotten a 2nd team mention if he was that good defensively. I see what you mean though

Columbo

Lieutenant
Daps
Reppin
Homicide Investigations
Billups is right, myself and a few other nikkas been said this

Just handed out all my negs on the first few pages, ill be back tomorrow to hand out more :whew:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You don’t get to interpret for Chauncey c00n. Like Chauncey isn’t smart enough to speak for himself and say what he means. Jalen stayed a top 5 that billups and pierce agreed with. They all have Lebron over Kobe and you’re mad:pachaha:

3 players just said Lebron is “definitely” top 5 and they know much more about basketball than you so fall back and pay proper homage.

You white. Who are you to talk about c00ning?

Don't get mad you don't understand the way we talk. Chauncey didn't cosign Jalen's top 5. He was only respectably moving on the convo.

Stay outta black topics since you don't understand how we talk crakkka.

Last edited: