Chef with AA / JAM / NIG / TRIN roots explores foodways from each culture

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This is Kwame Onwuachi’s family: He has a French-speaking Creole great-grandmother and Trinidadian grandfather on his mother’s side, and a Jamaican grandmother and an Igbo Nigerian grandfather who used to teach at Howard University on his father’s side — all of whom shaped the Bronx-raised chef’s palate.

Kwame_and_family.59cbefa50fc2a.png

Chef Kwame with his fiancee & his maternal side of family

ME4WIN6_o.jpg

Paternal grandfather
================
In Her Footsteps

Kwame Onwuachi traces his grandmother's journey from Louisiana to Texas, one meal at a time

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Following the Thread

Chef Kwame Onwuachi explores the complicated and beautiful culinary history of Jamaica, with plenty of sprats and dumplings along the way

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Travels with Papa

Chef Kwame Onwuachi and his grandfather hit the road in Trinidad, the land of doubles, geera pork, and fried shark

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
African Heritage Week: RSVP Lagos

The African heritage week 2018 brought together amazing talents in arts, music and cuisines, hosted by Lagos’ premium restaurant R.S.V.P Victoria Island Lagos in the month of February.

R.S.V.P in collaboration with Michelin Star Chef – Kwame Onwuachi

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Spiceology Launches Two New Spice Blends With Chef Kwame Onwuachi, Bringing His Culinary Roots to Life​

a750c857075ff144da3a6244a6d1f13e

May 24, 2022

New Curated Spice Blends Support Chef’s New Cookbook
Spokane, WA --News Direct-- Spiceology
Spiceology, the fastest growing spice company in America, today announced its partnership and new product line with Kwame Onwuachi, James Beard award-winning chef and acclaimed author. This launch follows the release of Chef Kwame’s newest book, “My America: Recipes From a Young Black Chef.” The two new spice blends capture key flavors represented throughout the cookbook and are inspired by the ingredients Onwuachi grew up with and still cooks with to this day.
“I don’t remember a time where there wasn’t ‘house spice’ around,” said Chef Kwame Onwuachi, describing his mother’s secret spice blend that seasoned all of the food he grew up eating. “Trying to remember the moment when I was first introduced to house spice is like asking me the first time you had salt - it was just always there. I’m grateful Spiceology was able to help me bring these spice blends to life so that everyone can experience the flavors that sparked my passion for food.”
The new blends created by Spiceology and Chef Kwame bring a modern twist to some of Onwuachi’s earliest memories:
  • Kwame’s Mom’s House Spice ($14.95): This all-purpose blend embodies the flavors of Kwame’s mother’s secret recipe. The pairing possibilities are endless with flavor profiles of garlic, onion, black pepper, cayenne, and worcestershire. Intended to be eaten on and in “anything in your house,” Kwame’s Mom’s House Spice pairs with steak, chicken, Cajun food, curries, veggies, and more.
  • Toasted Curry Powder ($14.95): This balance of spices that Onwuachi says “tastes like a symphony” is a combination of Jamaican and Trinadadian curry powders with notes of fenugreek, mustard seed, allspice, turmeric, and coriander. This blend goes beyond traditional curry dishes and can be used on popcorn, pickled veggies, rice dishes, potato salad, and jollof rice

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Chopped Cheese Comes to Lincoln Center​

apisukh_eater_tatiana_6744.jpg

The truffle “chopped cheese” buns with ribeye, mozzarella, and taleggio cheese

Tatiana-Dumplings-1.jpg

Egusi soup dumplings

Tatiana-Patties.jpg

Curried goat patties

Tatiana-Seafood-Boil-1.jpg

A seafood boil with king crab, clams, black bass, and andouille sausage

Tatiana-Oxtails.jpg

Braised oxtails

apisukh_eater_tatiana_6798.jpg

Glazed honey bun with powdered donut ice cream

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Kwame Onwuachi: From NYC to Nigeria, A Taste of His America​

On this episode of The Meals That Made Me, Adam fanboys over his guest Kwame Onwuachi, a James Beard award-winning chef and author of the critically acclaimed cookbook “My America,” and memoir “Notes from a Young Black Chef.” Kwame also recently opened his new restaurant, Tatiana, at Lincoln Center in NYC featuring an Afro-Caribbean menu influenced by his NYC roots.

Kwame talks with Adam about the culinary anthropology behind his favorite dishes and travels throughout his life. From growing up in the Bronx eating his “creme de la creme” childhood meal of Fisherman’s pie, to a roasted squab dish he made for the opening of the African American museum, to the dream meal that he would make Lebron James if given the opportunity, these are the meals that made Kwame Onwuachi