Chess is an amazing game

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
knight moves basically in straight lines (never diagonal). so it goes 2 spots in any direction (forward/backwards whatever) and then one to the left right so it forms the L-shape as you said. It can do it in any direction.
Probably the most nasty piece on the board behind the Queen. :wow: I gotta learn how to utilize them.

Inf1ne

Banned
Daps
I play phone apps to pass the time. Don't think phone chess will help in that aspect.

Yeah man no sweat. I actually played chess in middle school got a little bs participation certificate.
Was saying the marvel game a app

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Anyway this is usually how I like to play:

WHITE
- 9/10 times I'll open with the queen's pawn to d4 (rarely play king pawn openings or other)
- if they counter with queen's pawn to d5, i'll offer to play queen's gambit
- if they counter with knight to f6, i like to be aggressive and play the trompowsky attack, which basically brings by bishop to g5, threatening that knight, then if I capture and assume my bishop gets captured i can control the middle with my king's pawn as well, giving me situational advantage
- if they counter with a king/queen pawn moving one step, i'll bring the king's pawn to e4, controlling the centre, and then bring the knights out early to protect them

BLACK
- if they open with queen's pawn, i like to play an indian defense most frequently, which looks like this:
kings-indian-defense-big.jpg

here my dark squared bishop (g7) controls the entire diagonal with 3 pawn protection and then I usually castle on the next move. it's quite hard to break down.

- still wanna figure out an effective counter to king's pawn openings vs white but if they open king pawn it's less effective anyway so it gives me a better chance

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
fukk chess lol. My aunt taught me when I was young but I had nobody to play with so lost my skills. Started playing a friend of mine from work and was slaughtering him so he quit playing. Then my homegirl's son wanted to play. Killed me three straight games and I gave that shyt up.

As far as strategy I usually tailor it to whoever I'm playing against. If I see they're too aggressive I'll sit back and set traps. If they're defensive I'll be more aggressive in setting up my own attacks knowing they won't take advantage.

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
Probably the most nasty piece on the board behind the Queen. :wow: I gotta learn how to utilize them.

in the pawn point system, bishops and knights are of equal value (3 points = worth 3 pawns)

million dollar question is which is the better piece, but I actually prefer the bishops, because though they aren't as versatile in movement as knights, they can control longer stretches of the board

Inf1ne

Banned
Daps
in the pawn point system, bishops and knights are of equal value (3 points = worth 3 pawns)

million dollar question is which is the better piece, but I actually prefer the bishops, because though they aren't as versatile in movement as knights, they can control longer stretches of the board
I like the bishops bcuz most ppl not expecting a quick diagonal movement..they try to be "smart" and see l shapes from the horses and try to headhunt the king when really the bytch got the power

Inf1ne

Banned
Daps
i used to be the type that would purposely lose 2 games just to see how you play then blitz you within 10 mins or less

now i just play the long game where i wait it out, the one where shyt is timed doesn't give me enough breathing room
Word play like a nervous sucka then switch to saying touch a man move a man (pause) pressure tactics etc

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
i used to be the type that would purposely lose 2 games just to see how you play then blitz you within 10 mins or less

now i just play the long game where i wait it out, the one where shyt is timed doesn't give me enough breathing room

I don't like time-pressured games at all

I need the time to think, especially since my checkmate game is so trash I need double the time to ensure I don't fukk it up and cause a stalemate or worse yet somehow lose from my advantageous position

I remember playing this one random, I was in heavy control of the match...checkmate imminent.

I probably coulda mated in 6 or 7 moves but it was already move 10 and I hadn't done it....dude looked at me like
:francis: :hhh: just get on with it already...

in my mind I was thinking "I didn't know how" :picard: but wanted to play it off like I was just torturing him

ended up making a dumb move and his only piece being a king he couldn't move anywhere and wasn't in check....stalemate

I was so mad
:martin:

guy was like :skip::umad::whew: all at the same time