Chicago Mayor Johnson Won’t Attend Officer Luis Huesca’s Funeral After Family Tells Him To Stay Away

Diddly Drogba

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#FreeEva
Mayor Brandon Johnson will not attend slain Officer Luis Huesca’s funeral Monday after reports Huesca’s family asked him to stay away.

Huesca was killed early April 21 in Gage Park while on his way home from work. His funeral is set to begin 10 a.m. Monday, with large crowds of mourning officers, supporters and Huesca’s family expected to gather.

Mayors and other officials traditionally attend slain officers’ funerals — but state Comptroller Susana Mendoza tweeted early Monday that Huesca’s mother asked her to tell Johnson “he was unwelcome at her son’s funeral.” Other reports similarly suggested Huesca’s family did not want Johnson to attend.

Mendoza said she called Johnson’s office to relay the message Sunday night, but his staff still sent out a schedule for Monday morning suggesting Johnson would attend.

Shortly before 9 a.m., though, Johnson’s office released a message confirming he will not attend the funeral.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Funny thing even if this guy was a tough of crime cop how does this stop someone from killing a cop?
It doesn't, he's black and of a different political party, while the family is latin and a missive chunk of latin people have this desperation to sit and eat at the table of why supremacists'

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I was watching the news yesterday and they showed a clip of one of the cops speaking at his funeral. It was a female cop who said how she didn’t even speak English, and she had a heavy accent. Yet she’s out here patrolling the streets of Chicago with a suspect command of the English language.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I remember when that female cop was killed a few years ago, Lori Lightfoot showed up to the hospital and the cops all turned their back on her. I’m no fan of Lightfoot, but that wasn’t her fault. People get killed all the time in Chicago, but the cops seem to think their lives are more valuable and blame the mayor for violence that had existed LONG before any of them was born.

They never blamed Daley :sas2::mjpls:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I remember when that female cop was killed a few years ago, Lori Lightfoot showed up to the hospital and the cops all turned their back on her. I’m no fan of Lightfoot, but that wasn’t her fault. People get killed all the time in Chicago, but the cops seem to think their lives are more valuable and blame the mayor for violence that had existed LONG before any of them was born.

They never blamed Daley :sas2::mjpls:
Daley would get a seat in the first pew

Yzak

All Star
Daps
I was watching the news yesterday and they showed a clip of one of the cops speaking at his funeral. It was a female cop who said how she didn’t even speak English, and she had a heavy accent. Yet she’s out here patrolling the streets of Chicago with a suspect command of the English language.
Democrats are advocating for illegals to be allowed to be cops and a lot of Black people just don't care if a bunch of racist , armed sp1kkks are patrolling Black neighborhoods :yeshrug: