Chicory: A Colorful Tale -PS5/PC/XBOX/SWITCH-

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Destructoid - 9.5/10
Not only is Chicory a fun game, and not only did it speak to me on a profound level, it also made me want to be a better me. I’m not exaggerating nor using hyperbole, it’s a well-built experience with a tremendous amount of heart. It wants you to be you, and it wants you to know that the best you can do is always good enough.

Wccftech - 8.5/10
Chicory: A Colorful Tale is an ambitious, absorbing, and creative Zelda-style adventure with some meaningful, heartfelt things to say about the creative process, self-doubt, and other big issues. Like its characters, Chicory isn’t perfect – its controls can be a bit clunky and maybe its painting tools aren’t as versatile as they could be – but it’s an easy game to love. Does it fall slightly short of masterpiece status? Perhaps, but it’s still very much worth adding to your art collection.

IGN - 9/10
Chicory: A Colorful Tale is a pristine little adventure with fun puzzles, a surprisingly rich paint mechanic, and a story that's disarmingly real, difficult, and heartfelt.

Fanbyte - Unscored
The feelings that art like Chicory: A Colorful Tale evokes within me aren’t tangible. My love for it has no proper starting point. It also has no endpoint. I want the game to remain that way, too, so I’ve purposely left a few areas untouched. I want it to keep being a work in progress, just like me. On the canvas representing my love for this game, I have no clue how many more brush strokes I will add and what colors or forms will take shape. I just know the picture I’ve painted is one that I’ll always carry with me.

Siliconera - 9/10
Indie games generally hang their hats on one great idea. A compelling, original narrative? An aesthetic that you haven’t seen anywhere else? A unique game mechanic around which the rest of the game builds? Chicory: A Colorful Tale has all three.

TheWashingtonPost - 9.5/10
Playing “Chicory” feels like a kind act of self-care in a brutal time. It reminds players to slow down, enjoy the finer things in life, take care of the community, but also, just do you.

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
reminds me of the 2D Zelda games

looks cool, and I'll probably check it out

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m having a lot of fun with this game…its like Legend of Zelda meets Paper Mario and the soundtrack is incredible

I accidentally named my character 4 Loko :flabbynsick:

BB5-E37-E2-3-C48-4-A8-E-AC15-5747-A6-BD427-F.jpg