Childish gambino is a lurker

Somebody

All Star
Daps
I don't think Gambino's career is comparable to any of them because outside of Mos who didn't care enough all of those dudes were established rappers a while before acting while Gambino is doing both simultaneously.

LL always had a big female fanbase so he was probably gonna become a ballad rapper as he got mature whether he acted or not. I don't see Luda as "street" and I think in the post-Kanye era being street isn't that necessary.

if you don't see and feel the difference between and drake/kanye and post malone, then idk what to tell you.

they tryna elvis presley malone. you need the streets for authenticity in hip-hop. they can call post pop all they want, but it's a reason he's working with 21 savage, ty, swae lee, nicki minaj and all these hip-hop producers. if his next single was all acoustic guitar and no 808s, he would fall off the charts.

all those college rappers from the early 10s fizzled out because without some kind of street presence, nobody believed them to be actual hip-hop artists. these cacs feel the need to not just do what we do, but to convince the world they are the best and most authentic kind of what we do in this culture

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
if you don't see and feel the difference between and drake/kanye and post malone, then idk what to tell you.

they tryna elvis presley malone. you need the streets for authenticity in hip-hop. they can call post pop all they want, but it's a reason he's working with 21 savage, ty, swae lee, nicki minaj and all these hip-hop producers. if his next single was all acoustic guitar and no 808s, he would fall off the charts.

all those college rappers from the early 10s fizzled out because without some kind of street presence, nobody believed them to be actual hip-hop artists. these cacs feel the need to not just do what we do, but to convince the world they are the best and most authentic kind of what we do in this culture
I understand what Post Malone is or is supposed to be. He won't be it because he's not lyrical enough. To me Drake represents more of problem than Post Malone, and if Post used writers to make himself a supposed lyrical heavyweight while being catchy/radio/club-oriented he'd be basically white Drake. I don't think a person needs to o be street to be hip-hop so that might be an agree-to-disagree thing.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think messageboards are a pretty archaic form of anonymous social media. That's probably the reason why everyone on the Coli is 30+ and started posting here in the early 2010's. I remember Complex magazine name dropping the Coli as one of the best Hip Hop forums back in like 2012 or some shyt. Back then, it seemed kinda obvious Charlamagne and other Hip Hop media personalities lurked here. But that was damn near ten years ago. Now, you all of these other mega social media venues have outbid sites like this. Reddit is like the anonymous social media Walmart. Single subreddits get millions of views a month. :ohhh:The Coli is a tiny community in comparison of only a few thousand posters. The Coli sure ain't Instagram or Youtube. Not to mention that the content on the Coli is not always exactly groundbreaking shyt. :comeon:If anything the Coli takes elements of every messageboard from City-Data to theHoodUp to Boxden. The Booth is stuck in 2001 like "Ether" dropped just yesterday and TLR is mostly a lot of random fukkery that you can easily find on Twitter. And Twitter fukkery is a bit more animated to be honest, literally their use of GIFs is on point, and their lack of anonymity lends it more credibility. But you can't take away from the influence of the Coli. Look at all the messageboards who shamelessly jacked smilies from the Coli. :dwillhuh:

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
I think messageboards are a pretty archaic form of anonymous social media. That's probably the reason why everyone on the Coli is 30+ and started posting here in the early 2010's. I remember Complex magazine name dropping the Coli as one of the best Hip Hop forums back in like 2012 or some shyt. Back then, it seemed kinda obvious Charlamagne and other Hip Hop media personalities lurked here. But that was damn near ten years ago. Now, you all of these other mega social media venues have outbid sites like this. Reddit is like the anonymous social media Walmart. Single subreddits get millions of views a month. :ohhh:The Coli is a tiny community in comparison of only a few thousand posters. The Coli sure ain't Instagram or Youtube. Not to mention that the content on the Coli is not always exactly groundbreaking shyt. :comeon:If anything the Coli takes elements of every messageboard from City-Data to theHoodUp to Boxden. The Booth is stuck in 2001 like "Ether" dropped just yesterday and TLR is mostly a lot of random fukkery that you can easily find on Twitter. And Twitter fukkery is a bit more animated to be honest, literally their use of GIFs is on point, and their lack of anonymity lends it more credibility. But you can't take away from the influence of the Coli. Look at all the messageboards who shamelessly jacked smilies from the Coli. :dwillhuh:
:mjlol::camby:We birthed all them cats breh
We’re hands down the most authentic site on the net. Don’t try to downplay it like it’s some second hand group of wannabes.
Jordan cry anyone? :rudy: Yea that’s us

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"gambino is a master mind"

But that seems like what anyone that's a star would...or should do.

Can't image Born or Drake posting on random sports and rap forums like "Therealdrake6" or ImBron82"

its also how you keep your ear to pulse of the internet and its culture.

Because the internet should tell you he lurks.