Chris Childs Says He Could’ve Knocked Out Kobe If He Wanted To, But Didn’t Want To Hurt Him

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
kobechilds-595x385.jpg

In April of the 1999-2000 season, former New York Knicks guard Chris Childs and Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant were tussling back and forth and eventually went face-to-face with each other during a play.

Kobe somewhat threw an elbow and Childs responded with a 2-piece and a biscuit to Kobe’s face-throat. Recently, Childs joined The True Hoop Podcast and described how things could of ended up much worse for Kobe if he wanted them to be.

“If you watch the tape he elbowed me twice. He started it, I looked at the ref and said are you gonna do something about this. He put his hands out like whatever. I’m like okay, no problem, I got this. We run up and down the court and I say, young fella if you do that again i’m gonna take off on you. I’m gonna take off, and he said you aren’t going to do that.

When you watch the tape, when he comes around a pick he kind of light-weight head butts me to get me off. Once he did that, he’s taller than me and i’m in striking distance. I took off on him, I didn’t want to knock him out because I could of but if I did i’d still be suspended right now. I didn’t put the shoulder in or lean in to it, I didn’t want to hurt him.”

Chris Childs Says He Could’ve Knocked Out Kobe If He Wanted To, But Didn’t Want To Hurt Him (Audio)