CIGAM ROMUR: WB developing Live Action Zatanna Movie

The Collector

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
I Rep That West
CBR

According to DCEU Mythic, Warner Bros. is developing a movie based on the magic-wielding character, who casts spells by speaking backwards. This will reportedly be separate from J.J. Abrams' upcoming Justice League Dark project at HBO Max, despite her association with the team.

In 2018, Zatanna was rumored own film as well. Her name was mentioned alongside potential solo films for Supergirl and Batgirl. While Supergirl is spinning in development hell, Batgirl is currently in the works from Birds of Prey scribe Christina Hodson, although the film does not yet have a cast or release date.

This won't be the first time Zatanna was adapted for other media. The character has appeared in Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League Unlimited, Smallville and Young Justice, where she was voiced by Lacey Chabert. She was even one of the main characters in 2017's Justice League Dark animated film, with Camilla Luddington providing her voice. The character was also slated to be in Guillermo del Toro's planned Justice League Dark film before it was cancelled.

Though Zatanna has not been officially announced, it could be soon. Warner Bros. will bring several of its films to the virtual DC FanDome event, which launches Saturday, August 22, at 10 am PT. It's possible Warner Bros. has a few surprises in store in lieu of its traditional Comic-Con International plans, although nothing has been confirmed at this time.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
200.gif

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is anyone really surprised? :heh:

They clapped a Batgirl movie that was damn near finished. Ain't no way this was ever seeing the light of day. :mjlol:

The insulting part is the "shopping to other streamers" bit. So, some other company is supposed to pay them for the right to then pay to produce movie? Is it just them making a bad faith effort to fulfill contractual obligations?

The Collector

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
I Rep That West
They clapped a Batgirl movie that was damn near finished. Ain't no way this was ever seeing the light of day. :mjlol:

The insulting part is the "shopping to other streamers" bit. So, some other company is supposed to pay them for the right to then pay to produce movie? Is it just them making a bad faith effort to fulfill contractual obligations?
Yeah, fukkin Batgirl was pretty much done and didn’t even get that treatment. :dead: