Ciggavelli's next computer case

Discussion in 'The Arcadium' started by Responsible Allen Iverson, May 17, 2019 at 6:52 PM.

1. Responsible Allen Iverson

Responsible Allen Iverson I attend practice Hall of Fame

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

I've never wondered what a $999 computer case looks like, but now I know anyway | PC Gamer

I've never wondered what a $999 computer case looks like, but now I know anyway

By Paul Lilly 4 days ago

It looks a lot like a case that should cost much less.

[​IMG]
    In some ways, shopping for a computer case isn't all that different than buying a home. You have to factor in how much space there is and what the curb appeal is like, and then try to fit everything you want into your budget. You might even end up spending more than you anticipated on whatever you decide is the best PC case. But would you spend a grand on an enclosure? InWin is banking on customers doing exactly that.

Its new 928 Super Tower is $999. Technically, that's a buck shy of a grand, though I'm not sure if shipping is included. As of right now, there's just a big "Auto Notify" button on the newly erected product page. However, it does clearly state that buying the case earns you "990 Rewards" and "9,900 Bonus Points," which I assume will come in handy for frequent InWin shoppers.

So what makes this case deserving of such a high price? Well just look at where it plots on a Cartesian coordinate graph!

[​IMG]
    One of the differentiating factors compared to a traditional case is support for EEB form factor motherboards. These are bigger than ATX boards, measuring 14 x 14 inches, for extreme workstations powered by chips like Intel's Xeon W-3175X CPU. One example is the Asus ROG Dominus Extreme.

Users are not limited to Xeon-based configurations. The 928 Super Tower supports a variety of form factors, all the way down to mini ITX. It would be an odd pairing, but you could do it.

This case also has dual PSU shrouds, which contributes to the higher-than-usual price tag. But it appears the lion's share of the markup is due to "premium materials" in the design.

"The 928's armored shell is composed of anodized 4mm thick brushed aluminum and is equipped with tempered side panels, which offers a clear view of the system's hardware," InWin explains.

Other cases share similar features, though this one is made from a solid hunk of aluminum, with diamond cut edges to display InWin's "proud craftmanship." It also features RGB lighting, because you're not going to spend $999 on a case and not have RGB lights, right?

I won't be spending that much a case, period. For those who are interested, however, you can buy the case direct from InWin (eventually).

-DMP- and Ciggavelli dapped this.
  2. Return of the Jedi

Return of the Jedi Star Wars & Sneakers Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
    Coli Cash:
    $349857.00

Spin me up, PC Master Race..are PC cases themselves important? Or is this some $500 HDMI cable shyt?

3. Take It In Blood

Take It In Blood Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Golden Era
    Coli Cash:
    $100.00

How far away are we from quantum computers?

Seems like they been hyping that shyt up since forever

4. MeachTheMonster

MeachTheMonster YourFriendlyHoodMonster Hall of Shame

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Tha Land
    Coli Cash:
    $340725.00

Waste money brehs :mjlol:

Rekkapryde and TripleAgent dapped this.
  5. daze23

daze23 Siempre Fresco

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $341425.00

Dirty Mcdrawz, Rekkapryde and Ciggavelli dapped this.
  6. daze23

daze23 Siempre Fresco

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $341425.00

it's important, but you can get a decent case for less than $100. $2-300 for a really nice case. this $1000 case is just some other shyt. like they said, most of the cost is due to the "premium materials" they use, and how it's made

Trill Evans and TripleAgent dapped this.
  7. Barnett114

Barnett114 Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Chicago
    Coli Cash:
    $344000.00

Ciggavelli dapped this.
  8. Afrodroid

Afrodroid God bless the blacks! Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Rio De Janeiro, BR
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

[​IMG]

9. OneManGang

OneManGang Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $344400.00

They are important (size, cable management options, weight, air flow, etc) depending on the type of build you're making. But this is OD stupid. A really expensive case for me was 200 dollars. And even that makes me uncomfortable.

10. Zebruh

Zebruh The Illustrious

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Important? yes.

This case? no.