Civil Rights Groups - Backed by Telecoms - Backing Trump on eliminating Net Neutrality

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Net Neutrality was a huge win for the general public and private individuals looking to create product in the IoT era.
The US government placing itself as the regulator for the internet is all net neutrality did and I think that is worse that ISPs charging for tiered service.
IMHO

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The US government placing itself as the regulator for the internet is all net neutrality did and I think that is worse that ISPs charging for tiered service.
IMHO

That sounds great until you see Microsoft form a partnership with provider A to allow preferential treatment to its cloud services while Amazon teams up with Provider B and google in the interest of building onto it's cloud business slows or places other restrictions on cloud services outside of its umbrella despite highly, or Verizon FiOS customers, despite using a heavily government subsidized product Don't have the freedom to stream HD content from HULU because they have a partnership with Amazon.

Nothing bad came out of net neutrality unless you view zero-rating as a product that works in a vacuum or want to restrict access to information.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Government regulation of internet over private regulation isn't preferable to me, since I view government regulation as stiffling to innovation, in the bed of business, and i generally find the government has no right to dictate to ISPs how to filter traffic that they contract over their networks
This is one of the major things i disagree with conservatives about

The government needs to be involved with regulating the internet

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Government regulation of internet over private regulation isn't preferable to me, since I view government regulation as stiffling to innovation, in the bed of business, and i generally find the government has no right to dictate to ISPs how to filter traffic that they contract over their networks
They have the right because it is the right of the people

Government regulation = free and open internet
Private regulation = companies dictating what you can and can't access and gouging you for profit

Sometimes you have to take a step back from your instinctual party talking points and use some common sense

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
That sounds great until you see Microsoft form a partnership with provider A to allow preferential treatment to its cloud services while Amazon teams up with Provider B and google in the interest of building onto it's cloud business slows or places other restrictions on cloud services outside of its umbrella despite highly, or Verizon FiOS customers, despite using a heavily government subsidized product Don't have the freedom to stream HD content from HULU because they have a partnership with Amazon.

Nothing bad came out of net neutrality unless you view zero-rating as a product that works in a vacuum or want to restrict access to information.
That doesn't seem bad to me at all and again it all relies on what you contract.
If you as a business contract specific services and a specific rate and amazon agrees then if they violate your contract you got them dead to rights.
I have no problem with what you claim as being a negative.

I view the government intruding in the internet as the worst case possible that has come out of net neutrality politicking.

This is one of the major things i disagree with conservatives about

The government needs to be involved with regulating the internet
Well I'm not a conservative.
That said I don't see a benefit to allowing the government to regulate the internet. We've seen how they mandated backdoors to ISPs and storrage services before, who knows what they could regulate behind close doors if they are formly in mass given authority over the internet.

I can't think of a body that I would be less distrustful of regulating anything than the US government from what they have done that was brought to light with Prism

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
They have the right because it is the right of the people

Government regulation = free and open internet
Private regulation = companies dictating what you can and can't access and gouging you for profit

Sometimes you have to take a step back from your instinctual party talking points and use some common sense
No internet isn't a right of the people. this is absurd, its a paid for service. Like cable, cell phones, and etc.
government regulation =/= free and open internet it means government controlled internet.

Sometimes you have to let go of the pie in the sky, free lunch mindset with regard to the government and realize who you are dealing with.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
No internet isn't a right of the people. this is absurd, its a paid for service. Like cable, cell phones, and etc.
government regulation =/= free and open internet it means government controlled internet.

Sometimes you have to let go of the pie in the sky, free lunch mindset with regard to the government and realize who you are dealing with.
Meaning once you pay for internet access, you can access the entire internet, in the same way that you dont have to pay the phone company one charge to call your family and a separate one to call your friends. That's essentially what they want to do by eliminating net neutrality.

The internet is currently "government controlled", meaning laws and regulations are the only thing keeping internet companies from dictating what you can see and how much you have to pay for each part.

Lol at the childish canned response. Doesnt apply because we've already seen how this works and weve been living it so your "scary government control" lines are obviously nonsense. No pie in the sky, just reality. Wake up, dummy.