Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Luke vs Darth is interesting, Obi Wan vs Darth . . . isn't. :manny:

how is it not interesting?

vader is established early in the film as obi wan's former pupil and the exterminator of the old jedi knights. he is also 'established' as the man that that killed luke's father.

our first introduction to the lightsaber is in obi wan's cave, it's given a sense of wow and wonderment before we ever even see it in action. remember before 1977 no one had seen one before. watching luke ignite the saber for the first time is still a legendary moment.

keep in mind the audience didn't know that vader had his own saber as well. so when obi wan is making his way through the death star and sees this...

tumblr_inline_o4d47jLKjg1u11f25_500.gif

this might be the single most "shyt just got real" moment EVER.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jedi wasnt as good as 4 or 5 but we forget how iconic it was
tumblr_n85esaJOKx1rlheeoo1_500.gif

5530c03e45b04.gif

This alone > any marvel scene ever.

Luke was on FIRE this movie.
conclusion.gif

tumblr_nwedq4T3QV1tu6tfso1_500.gif

Its viewed as 'bad' because ANH was an A, empire was an A+, and jedi was an A-

This. Episodes 4, 5, and 6 > any Marvel movie ever. Black Panther is that dude, but it's not even close.

The characters are better, the dialogue is better, the battles are more iconic, and Return of the Jedi is underrated. The only real bad things about it were the Ewoks and Boba Fett going out like a punk. The rest of the movie was solid.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Jedi wasnt as good as 4 or 5 but we forget how iconic it was
tumblr_n85esaJOKx1rlheeoo1_500.gif

5530c03e45b04.gif

This alone > any marvel scene ever.

Luke was on FIRE this movie.
conclusion.gif

tumblr_nwedq4T3QV1tu6tfso1_500.gif

Its viewed as 'bad' because ANH was an A, empire was an A+, and jedi was an A-
Low key, I love ROTJ more than the others. Yes ESB is a better movie, but ROTJ kind sews up Anakin's destiny. Like "I didn't make it, but my son redeemed the family." And the fact that Luke was channeling his pop's in ESB with that undefeatiable attitude.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
hmm im almost tempted to agree with ziggiy.....i remember the last star wars flick of the originals being hot ass juice. Dude said "except esb" so there's no need to bring that up and new hope was good but i cant say it was great (thats just me :yeshrug:)....prequels butt juice except for the last one which was solid. Force awakens was a rehash and i fell asleep on rogue one twice so shyt i'll agree :manny:....I will say tho the older i got the more star wars became unappealing for me so i could be biased

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

vader is established early in the film as obi wan's former pupil and the exterminator of the old jedi knights. he is also 'established' as the man that that killed luke's father.

our first introduction to the lightsaber is in obi wan's cave, it's given a sense of wow and wonderment before we ever even see it in action. remember before 1977 no one had seen one before. watching luke ignite the saber for the first time is still a legendary moment.

keep in mind the audience didn't know that vader had his own saber as well. so when obi wan is making his way through the death star and sees this...

You see how all the praise you are giving is after you have seen the entire story and get to rely on the reverence of a light saber, how iconic it now is and the series overall. The MCU is still going and CW was a recent installment. It's hard to say what it will all mean in the now compared to what happened in Ep 4 decades ago.
Tony in the bunker watching WS send his parents to the essence and then reacting > this moment above

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

Vader SINCE became the "shyt just got real" king of cinema as shown in rouge one, but this set it up for real

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
what is civil war even saying? what is it about? it's like the movie doesn't even have an answer to it's own question. who's right? cap or iron man? are the accords a good thing or a bad thing?

not only does the movie fail to answer these questions, by the end of the movie it's not even the central conflict anymore. you litter the movie with all this political metaphor and yet when it's all over no one comes away feeling a damn thing about any of it.

what is this movie's offering to the discussion outside of "hey look policing the world is complicated":whoa:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Vader SINCE became the "shyt just got real" king of cinema as shown in rouge one, but this set it up for real
Ani was a long way from the Emo boy he was in the prequels. They'll probably never tell that story.

I have a feeling Ben never gave up on him. They need to bring Ewan back for those stories.