Classics Discussion: Lil Wayne

Which of these Lil Wayne albums are classic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NORFOLKSOWN

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Va
500 degrees is one I keep going back to for relistens.its Wayne last album with the vintage cash money sound. for me he had some really great songs up there bloodline, youngin Blues, gangsters and pimps, and a couple more. But the fall off man some of his worst songs ever are up there. This album I anticipated the most he was fresh of all the squad mix tapes. I still wanna know who let fo' sheezy make the album.

eerieBell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da Magnolia
Not sure for classics, but C2 is closest.

He has multiple classic mixtapes tho, if u were to make a list of top 10 mixtapes of all time at least 4 would be his.

arel

lately ive been seeing girls wearing football kits
Daps
This isn't really going to work with wayne cos its really all about his mixtape legacy.

I think you should add in mixtapes to this tho.

arel

lately ive been seeing girls wearing football kits
Daps
if u were to make a list of top 10 mixtapes of all time at least 4 would be his.
I think u could prolly only consider that 2 would be close to a lock on top 10

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
500 degrees is one I keep going back to for relistens.its Wayne last album with the vintage cash money sound. for me he had some really great songs up there bloodline, youngin Blues, gangsters and pimps, and a couple more. But the fall off man some of his worst songs ever are up there. This album I anticipated the most he was fresh of all the squad mix tapes. I still wanna know who let fo' sheezy make the album.

that was my least favorite album ironically:pachaha:

besides way of life,bloodline,where you at,the joint with petey pablo and gangsta and pimps,it was a disappointment...

I think thats when they started getting nikkas like mikkey and gillie into the fold more...

Cash Money couldnt afford to have another output like that:huhldup:

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
This isn't really going to work with wayne cos its really all about his mixtape legacy.

I think you should add in mixtapes to this tho.

not counting mixtapes so if he doesn't have classics so be it

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
can you give a good reason why not?

Yeah because I'm only counting official studio albums, not mix tapes, no compilations, no extended plays etc. I haven't done so for the likes of Cube or PeteRock and CL Smooth and it won't change now.

A mixtape is usually a free promotional tape and although the mix tapes of today more closely resemble albums than they did before, I want to be consistent.

Not to mention a lot of mix tapes rap over other people's production, but as I said that is changing nowadays.