Clubber Lang Sonning Apollo Creed Appreciation Thread :Banderas:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Drago!!!.. Only because he was on steroids.. Rocky beating him really was laughable but Drago did give Rocky serious head damage.. I don't count Drago beating Apollo.. Apollo wasn't in his prime and that fight was suppose to be an exhibition match.
I've watched Rocky 3 over the years at least a dozen times. The more I watch, the more questions come up.

How is a retired boxer not only faster than you, has better head movement and better lateral movement than the current champion of the world?

Rocky used a breh to train him to beat another breh. Bringing that racist cac energy to the gym.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Who would win clubber or ivan drago
Clubber Lang….

My theory is, Drago never experienced a rough fight, which is why Rocky smoked him. The only reason Rocky was able to beat Drago though, was from the toughness gained from fighting Clubber.

Clubber doesn’t have Drago’s endurance, but I’d bet he is similar in strength

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Apollo would’ve dog walked Clubber. The fukk kind of question is this? He got washed by boujee Rock. The fukk you think a prime Apollo would’ve done to him? We never even got to see Apollo in his prime. He was about to retire in Rocky I. :mjlol:
I disagree. I think Clubber would put up a good fight and probably win. He was more tough. Every Rocky movie the opponent has a weakness that Rocky exploits. Apollo was arrogant, which is why Rocky went the distance the first time. That was his weakness

Clubber doesn’t like cameras, or fanfare, or attention. He just wanted to win and he didn’t take Rocky lightly. His weakness was he had no endurance, so if Apollo survives the knockout then he would just win off of endurance.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Looking back at that movie, there’s no way Rocky should’ve won that fight lol. My dude went to chop down trees and run up mountains and he ends up beating a dude that’s basically a machine.. Yeah right :mjlol: shyt was dope AF when I was a kid though
The Rocky series is basically the Fast And Furious of sports movie.

In actuality the fight between Drago and Rocky should had never happened because Drago would have been barred from boxing and had charges against him for still fighting Apollo even when the ref called the fight off. :francis:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I disagree. I think Clubber would put up a good fight and probably win. He was more tough. Every Rocky movie the opponent has a weakness that Rocky exploits. Apollo was arrogant, which is why Rocky went the distance the first time. That was his weakness

Clubber doesn’t like cameras, or fanfare, or attention. He just wanted to win and he didn’t take Rocky lightly. His weakness was he had no endurance, so if Apollo survives the knockout then he would just win off of endurance.
You can disagree but that doesn’t change any fact that not even Rocky fought Apollo in his prime. And there’s nothing about a Clubbers toughness to suggest it’s better than Apollo. That fact is supported by Apollo being the only fighter, even while outside his prime, who took Rocky at his toughest through ALL rounds. A prime Apollo mauls Clubber. He’s bigger, faster, tougher, better. In Creed they talk about Apollo being a GOAT.

Clubber was only a challenge for Soft Rocky. Apollo was the one who trained Rock how to beat Clubber so there isn’t anything that Clubber could’ve brought to Apollo breh. This thread disrespectful.

Last edited:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
You can disagree but that doesn’t change any fact that not even Rocky fought Apollo in his prime. And there’s nothing about a Clubbers toughness to suggest it’s better than Apollo. That fact is supported by Apollo being the only fighter, even while outside his prime, who took Rocky at his toughest through ALL rounds. A prime Apollo mauls Clubber. He’s bigger, faster, tougher, better. In Creed they talk about Apollo being a GOAT.

Clubber was only a challenge for Soft Rocky. Apollo was the one who trained Rock how to beat Clubber so there isn’t anything that Clubber could’ve brought to Apollo breh. This thread disrespectful.
Good fukking point. I keep forgetting Rocky had to learn footwork in LA. Man I love these fukking movies.

I’m just a crusader for Clubber. :mjlol:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Not only that, he didn't punch with technique. Clubber was trying to beat the piss out of every opponent with hooks and damn near zero guarding or dodging. Eat punches like scooby snacks and rain heavy hooks. Post-Prime Creed should beat Clubber 8/10 times simply because he actually bothers to use feints and footwork. The only way he reasonably loses if he tries to play the "take hits and give hits" game Clubber does.