Essential Any motorcycle riders here? (Official Motorcycle Thread)

Profane

Daps
Thinking about getting a sport bike. how easy is it to learn to ride, can u learn in a day?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I used to have an R1, it's easy to ride as long as you have an understanding of how clutches work. The balance at first is the big thing, it took me a few rides to get over that uneasy "Oh shyt it's gonna tip over" feeling. At some point you will probably drop your bike too, just a matter of when and how bad.

Watching out for people in cages is really the number 1 thing, there are millions of dumb muthafukkas on the road that can't drive and all these idiots on phones has made it even more dangerous to ride. I used to be more afraid of people in cars not seeing me than I was about my own skill.

Profane

Daps
I used to have an R1, it's easy to ride as long as you have an understanding of how clutches work. The balance at first is the big thing, it took me a few rides to get over that uneasy "Oh shyt it's gonna tip over" feeling. At some point you will probably drop your bike too, just a matter of when and how bad.
do you think taking lessons is necessary? am i crazy to think i can just cop one and teach myself in a day or 2?

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
You need to have someone with you to teach you how to ride. I had never owned a car with a manual transmission. As a matter of fact, the only experience I had with manuals was working at a car wash and I had to people that let me try to drive their manual cars. You just have to work the clutch with you hand instead of your foot. It's not hard but with everything it takes practice and with a motorcycle if you're not careful you can get in trouble real quick. The best I can say is find a open parking lot to practice. Practice feeling the clutch just starting and stopping. Like before, have someone with you that's willing to help you. It's not hard, but it takes practice and getting used to. Good luck!! Have you thought about what bike you are thinking about getting?

Profane

Daps
dont have a lot of manual transmission experience, only driven a couple times, wasnt too difficult at all.

as far as bikes goes, im not sure,,people say ur first gotta be something not so powerful like a Kawasaki 250. but i just think i'd be craving more power after a month

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
dont have a lot of manual transmission experience, only driven a couple times, wasnt too difficult at all.

as far as bikes goes, im not sure,,people say ur first gotta be something not so powerful like a Kawasaki 250. but i just think i'd be craving more power after a month

You probably will but you need still need to get the mechanics down before you get enough power to really hurt yourself. Practice on a 250 for a while and move up when you feel comfortable.

SonofaGod

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
when I was learning I was told, its not an if, its WHEN you will drop the bike.

also, crash at over 60 mph, and the only thing your jacket and helmet will do is give the firefighters an easier mess to clean up :huhldup:

so i copped me a whip instead:smugfavre:

Profane

Daps
when I was learning I was told, its not an if, its WHEN you will drop the bike.

also, crash at over 60 mph, and the only thing your jacket and helmet will do is give the firefighters an easier mess to clean up :huhldup:

so i copped me a whip instead:smugfavre:
YOLO :manny:

u can get this brand new for under 8k
[YOUTUBE]OkWJU_VnMoQ[/YOUTUBE]
if only i had the cash to blow

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
If you're really intent on getting something more powerful than a 250 try and find yourself an 08 or newer Gixxer 600. They come with a drive mode select option that you can change, mode A is what the bike comes set in and basically full power, mode B is slightly less power, and mode C drops power considerably.

It would still be a lot of bike for a new rider, but more manageable if you ride in mode C.

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
If you're really intent on getting something more powerful than a 250 try and find yourself an 08 or newer Gixxer 600. They come with a drive mode select option that you can change, mode A is what the bike comes set in and basically full power, mode B is slightly less power, and mode C drops power considerably.

It would still be a lot of bike for a new rider, but more manageable if you ride in mode C.

With those power modes that would be perfect for learning. And I'm pretty sure you could find a used 600 for less than $8 stacks

_curb_

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CALI
i used to sell sports bikes and atvs... shyt would amaze me how ppl would cop without knowing how to ride. they would get like a 5 min lesson on the lot and that would be it.