Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
I need that M2 CS :noah:

I was going to hold out for it. On the outside chance it would be the S58 or something else based off the B58.

Glad I didn’t.

Not a fan of the S55 engine. Reliability, boost timing, or the way sounds.

I’m just interested in seeing how much the price is going to go up.

I’m pretty happy with my 18.

ecnirp1

mr. open source
Supporter
Daps
I was going to hold out for it. On the outside chance it would be the S58 or something else based off the B58.

Glad I didn’t.

the regular M2 is hard, i just drove one and loved it. i want the CS because i wouldn't have to mod it to get the more aggressive styling & power plus the value is gonna go up over time.

• Dap
Reactions: Ayo

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
the regular M2 is hard, i just drove one and loved it. i want the CS because i wouldn't have to mod it to get the more aggressive styling & power plus the value is gonna go up over time.

They'll be producing 2,000 of them a month for the next 2 years. Same number as the 16-18 M2s. Sticker should be $10k over 18 M2. So right around base price of a M4.

They'll probably go for MSRP just like the 16-18s. No discounts. Maybe even a little more depending on the dealer and market you're in.

Car going to be a monster for sure. A slightly detuned M4 in a M2 body.

ecnirp1

mr. open source
Supporter
Daps
They'll be producing 2,000 of them a month for the next 2 years. Same number as the 16-18 M2s. Sticker should be $10k over 18 M2. So right around base price of a M4.

They'll probably go for MSRP just like the 16-18s. No discounts. Maybe even a little more depending on the dealer and market you're in.

Car going to be a monster for sure. A slightly detuned M4 in a M2 body.
where'd you get this number from? everything i've read says the Competition is going to be limited to 1,000 units.

Daps
Reppin
MD

Glad I didn’t.

What kind of reliability issues were you hearing about the S55? My car has been nothing but rock solid. I already knew I was tuning the car so I didn’t care about it current boost issues. But I do agree the stock exhaust is trash you have to get the M performance exhaust but that like a $4k add-on.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
What kind of reliability issues were you hearing about the S55? My car has been nothing but rock solid. I already knew I was tuning the car so I didn’t care about it current boost issues. But I do agree the stock exhaust is trash you have to get the M performance exhaust but that like a $4k add-on.
Crank hub. Blown engines. Not sure what kind of preventive maintenance you can do but right now it's like hitting the reverse lottery.

Last edited:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
where'd you get this number from? everything i've read says the Competition is going to be limited to 1,000 units.
Bimmerpost. The F87 forum that I'm an active member of.

The M2 CS will only be limited by production capacity. Which is 2,000 units a month.

Basically the N55 engine is losing it's certification this year. So that forced BMWs hand on the 2019 M2. That's the main reason for the change to the S55. Everything else is a bonus and a justification for the 'CS' designation and the bump in price.

A rumored 2020 M2 GTS (weight reduction, tuned S55) to close out the last year of production for the F87 would be limited to 1,000 units.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
MD
Crank hub. Blown engines. Not sure what kind of preventive maintenance you can do but right now it's like hitting the reverse lottery.
crank hub and blown motor issue were only happening when people were trying to push more than 600hp+ out their cars or when people had a money shift in a manual car. If you look at f80post you will see the forum members with those issues were all modded, none of the cars were stock. But they do have a crank hub solution out right now but it expensive.

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
I want a F80/82 competition car so bad right now but I'm holding out until they drop down to around 50. I feel like dealers are gouging right now but once more off lease cars flood the market hopefully my patience pays off. :leostare: