Coli DJs, a newbie with questions here.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
man, yall new dj's got it made. yall don't have to put in no kind of work, or practice... these controllers with the sync button keeping your mixes tight and not off beat and Serato/Traktor that measures the BPM's does everything for you already.

Everybody tells me not to use sync, so I'm not. I tried it, see what it does, but I will get more gratification doing it myself manually.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Been spending all night with it. I'm having a lot of fun with this. Setting up cue points and everything else is easy, it's knowing how to utilize it. Back to reorganizing my library now.

I always make the first cue point the first beat on the track and then go from there. As you mix you are going to switch them around anyways when you decide you want to be able to come in a different parts.

I also use them for a visual representation as well. You can see when a cue point is coming up so you can use it to remind yourself to get ready to do what you want to do.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
I always make the first cue point the first beat on the track and then go from there. As you mix you are going to switch them around anyways when you decide you want to be able to come in a different parts.

I also use them for a visual representation as well. You can see when a cue point is coming up so you can use it to remind yourself to get ready to do what you want to do.

Yeah, I have been going to that. shyt is mad fun. Now imagine when I get good at it. :wow:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
No doubt, enjoy it, its given me many many hours/days/years of enjoyment and is a nice get-away-from-it-all hobby. If you need anything else, hit me up in PMs or whatever

You know, learning what the controller does.....when I got to sit down with it, I can make sense of it all and was able to do so relatively quickly. The key to DJing is putting it all together into one cohesive mix. It makes you think about all of the work dj's put into this like setting up cue points for loops, how sharp of a scratch to use, etc... It's fun figuring it out. Eventually, I'm going to get my epiphany moment but until then, I'm going to enjoy the ride of it.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Start with vinyl then work your way up if yo want to be taken serious as a dj.

Turntables and mixers aint cheap so you really need to decide if being a dj is something you want to do for real.

Free Advice. No one who knows and understands music/djing takes a dj with dre beats seriously

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
Back after a weekend with it. :dj2:

I had a couple of moments where shyt was like :ohlawd:

Others were like :flabbynsick:

Nonetheless, this has prompted me to go even harder through my vast music collection to start weeding out shyt in the library for mixing purposes. Brehs, fun doesn't even describe this. I'm getting up and moonwalking around the mancave and shyt. :mj: