Coli entrepreneurs, what do you do when your passion already has a flooded market?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
:patrice:

I'm passionate about sports, history, music & fashion.

I thought about making a holding company to create subsidiary sports/trivia game apps but the market is saturated and the average app only makes $50.

I like making music but tell me, when HASN'T the R&B/hip-hop music production lane been overcrowded? Lol

I thought about a fashion line but the streetwear lane is overcrowded on social media & the formal wear idea I had, similar to George, Izod, US Polo Assn, etc., requires me to mass produce clothes & get chosen by a panel of the retailer's higher ups, and I don't have the capital to have my clothes made by Burmese midgets & the retailers choose 2 clothing brands out of every 300 companies that pitch to them, and black-owned fashion lines have accused retailers of racism in choosing brands.

I'm at an impasse with the situation. What have you guys done, or what would you guys do?

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps

I thought about making a holding company to create subsidiary sports/trivia game apps but the market is saturated and the average app only makes $50.

I like making music but tell me, when HASN'T the R&B/hip-hop music production lane been overcrowded? Lol

I thought about a fashion line but the streetwear lane is overcrowded on social media & the formal wear idea I had, similar to George, Izod, US Polo Assn, etc., requires me to mass produce clothes & get chosen by a panel of the retailer's bigwigs, and I don't have the capital to mass produce clothes & the retailers choose 2 clothing brands out of every 300 companies that pitch to them, and black-owned fashion lines have accused retailers of racism in choosing brands.

I'm at an impasse with the situation. What have you guys done, or what would you guys do?

If you can't do it bigger and better or have a better promotion game then why are you trying at all? Did Ace quit on Paid in Full when his market was saturated? No he flooded the market with BETTER product for cheaper prices and cleaned up.......its not about over saturation, its about standing out and being better for it....just choose ya product wisely. If you can't sew don't have your ass out there trying to be Givenchy ........:comeon:

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps
Give up on my dreams and get a regular job is what I would do:mjcry:

FSP

Banned
Daps
The saying is either be first, be best or be forgotten.

You already aren't first, but neither were the guys at Tinder when they made a dating app, or zuck when he created facebook. Find a niche or a unique selling point and then advertise it mercilessly. You're in app development game so I can already tell you a lot of your traction will be from having an extremely nice UX. You should begin there.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Keep punching the clock till you niche up or can offer a superior/similar yet cheaper product than what is already available.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Theres a way.

U just havent found it yet

I cant give you a road map to success becusse Thats not how entrepreneurship works..... Theres no instruction manual.... Its not a job where I just give you directions and then u go make money..... Youre gonna have to keep trying new things.

I went thru multiple failed ideas before I found a lane.

And I'm not even passsionate about it..... It just pays me well and I found a lane.

My real passion hasnt produced a dollar yet..... Still working tho..... I'm playing the long game

Last edited:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I’d still pursue however I’m also of the mentality that just because something has been done before, or a similar lane explored, doesn’t mean you can’t find your own lane within all that.

Everyone thinks life is zero sum; ideas are money generators not like discovering a mine full of limited amounts of gold.

bx.lion

Banned
Daps

If you comparing yourself to the average you already lost. Get a 9-5

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside

I thought about a fashion line but the streetwear lane is overcrowded on social media & the formal wear idea I had, similar to George, Izod, US Polo Assn, etc., requires me to mass produce clothes & get chosen by a panel of the retailer's higher ups, and I don't have the capital to have my clothes made by Burmese midgets & the retailers choose 2 clothing brands out of every 300 companies that pitch to them, and black-owned fashion lines have accused retailers of racism in choosing brands.

Find a niche or come up with something innovative