Coli History Lesson: Afghanistan Pics of 1950's and 60's

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You either need to brush up on your cold war history, or are going off on the tin foil hat tip.
i was waiting for you to to use the the tin foil defense.

cacs just cannot take responsibility for fuqqin shyt up :russ:

you always throw it back to islamic extremists :mjlol:that you fund.

i grew up around plenty muslims when i was young and disconnected from them many years ago and it's a totally different religion now the way yall made them to be.

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
i was waiting for you to to use the the tin foil defense.

cacs just cannot take responsibility for fuqqin shyt up :russ:

you always throw it back to islamic extremists :mjlol:that you fund.

i grew up around plenty muslims when i was young and disconnected from them many years ago and it's a totally different religion now the way yall made them to be.
:dwillhuh:

You missing the point. the modernization in the 50's and 60's was a direct result of American aid and investment. shyt that happened 30 years later has no significance to the thread. You forcing your point where there is no point.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh:

You missing the point. the modernization in the 50's and 60's was a direct result of American aid and investment. shyt that happened 30 years later has no significance to the thread. You forcing your point where there is no point.
Afghanistan in the 1950s and 60s
Jul 2, 2013 | 47
Fractured by internal conflict and foreign intervention for centuries, Afghanistan made several tentative steps toward modernization in the mid-20th century. In the 1950s and 1960s, some of the biggest strides were made toward a more liberal and westernized lifestyle, while trying to maintain a respect for more conservative factions. Though officially a neutral nation, Afghanistan was courted and influenced by the U.S. and Soviet Union during the Cold War, accepting Soviet machinery and weapons, and U.S. financial aid. This time was a brief, relatively peaceful era, when modern buildings were constructed in Kabul alongside older traditional mud structures, when burqas became optional for a time, and the country appeared to be on a path toward a more open, prosperous society. Progress was halted in the 1970s, as a series of bloody coups, invasions, and civil wars began, continuing to this day, reversing almost all of the steps toward modernization taken in the 50s and 60s. Keep in mind, when looking at these images, that the average life expectancy for Afghans born in 1960 was 31, so the vast majority of those pictured have likely passed on since. [35 photos]

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013/07/afghanistan-in-the-1950s-and-60s/100544/

afghanistan would've been more advanced had it not been for the us-russian war.
the taliban were at the right place to be used by the united states to fight russia and were eventually used to bring down the whole country. even when they had nothing to do with 9-11.
http://www.thecoli.com/posts/10150396/

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and i'm sure if you look into those "coups" they were caused by opposition financed by the us because the afghan leaders just weren't playing ball with the "aid" they were getting.
same blueprint used all over the world. they're not puppets then fuq them.

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
and i'm sure if you look into those "coups" they were caused by opposition financed by the us because the afghan leaders just weren't playing ball with the "aid" they were getting.
same blueprint used all over the world. they're not puppets then fuq them.
I'm not disagreeing that once the Soviets invaded America began doing shyt that was not in the best interest of Afghanistan. But that has nothing to do with this thread topic. As you posted (from my original post, I gather)
In the 1950s and 1960s, some of the biggest strides were made toward a more liberal and westernized lifestyle, while trying to maintain a respect for more conservative factions. Though officially a neutral nation, Afghanistan was courted and influenced by the U.S. and Soviet Union during the Cold War, accepting Soviet machinery and weapons, and U.S. financial aid. This time was a brief, relatively peaceful era, when modern buildings were constructed in Kabul alongside older traditional mud structures, when burqas became optional for a time, and the country appeared to be on a path toward a more open, prosperous society.

Moreover, the shyt happening in Kabul does not, and has never characterized Afghanistan. Afghanistan is the tribal areas that make up 90% of the population. Not the few cities.

But, whatever. I get it...white devil white devil.