Coli music execs, managers, A&R’s etc. Get in here

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Approximately How much is each person supposed to get off a 50k show?

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Approximately How much is each person supposed to get off a 50k show?

Ground transportation is one of the most costly expenses off top, you're renting the vehicle(s) per day + gas + toll fees and etc.

Flights are typically not that expensive and particularly if you're buying tickets from a travel agent in bulk.

Security rates vary around the country, 35/hr is a standard venue security rate but for personal security/bodyguards that travel w/ the artist you're looking at more like 60-70/hr.

The manager typically takes a percentage off the top, if it's $50,000 he/she's taking at least $7,500. Same w/ the agent, albeit maybe 10% instead of 15%.

The DJ is probably a flat rate, somewhere between 1-5K.

Depending on the hotel and what type of relationship the management has with the booking company, they're probably renting 2-3 rooms for everyone at a bundle rate.

If contracted by artist/management, the photography is probably a flat rate as well to cover the shoot itself as well as post. Probably ~$1,000 unless they're a celebrity photographer in which case, $3-5,000.

Depending on who the artist is, they're taking anywhere from 5%-25%.

TLDR version:

Manager $7500
Agent $5000
Ground Transportation $1-2000/day
Flights $2,000
DJ $5000
Security (3 guards): $2100/day
Photographer $1000
Artist $10000
Hotels $800-1000/day

They didn't say how many days are involved so the calculation will be +/- however many days it takes to transport & return. If it's a 1 day show then accounting for 1 night at the hotel and 3 days on the road (i.e. 3 days of ground transpo and security) that's $43,600. Other expenses: crafty (liquor in particular raises the budget on this), merch, marketing & etc will eat into the remaining $6,600 pretty quick.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
they’re not. They are if you go overseas, but they don’t really do that in America. The only ones who get accommodated like that are the EDM DJ’s

I don’t know breh, I’m not in the game myself. But my homie is in a real popular 90s r&b group and I know they flights and hotels get paid for for their shows. And recently my homie booked two old school west coast artist and they was only a few k each. But I literally talked to one of them myself cause I was helping my boy out and the conversation was me getting the flight shyt in order. Dude even had a preferred airline lol. And I had to call him back to see if it was cool to take another one because the airline he liked didn’t have straight flights and the other airlines had no connecting flights. And he was cool with it. But thats my only experience with this type shyt. I’m not in the game or too knowledge about shows and shyt.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t know breh, I’m not in the game myself. But my homie is in a real popular 90s r&b group and I know they flights and hotels get paid for for their shows. And recently my homie booked two old school west coast artist and they was only a few k each. But I literally talked to one of them myself cause I was helping my boy out and the conversation was me getting the flight shyt in order. Dude even had a preferred airline lol. And I had to call him back to see if it was cool to take another one because the airline he liked didn’t have straight flights and the other airlines had no connecting flights. And he was cool with it. But thats my only experience with this type shyt. I’m not in the game or too knowledge about shows and shyt.
They signed to a label? If so then the label “takes care” of it. Meaning the artists gotta pay that back

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
They signed to a label? If so then the label “takes care” of it. Meaning the artists gotta pay that back

I don’t know their label situation. I actually never talk to this nikka about music and shyt. But they have a manager that gets them most the shows I think. I don’t think it’s attached to no label but I ain’t sure. I assume they just be touring off they name and independent. But I do know you not about to book them and they pay for they own travel and hotel.

The westcoast dudes, I don’t know they label situation either but I know this was some money straight to them. One of them even stayed at my homie condo and my homie went to his other spot. The other one he had to get a hotel for. They was negotiating straight themselves lol. They both got managers though but my homie got both they numbers and just called them directly cause they managers wasn’t responding quick enough and he was trying to put the show together short notice.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
What contract?

I'm saying if there was one.

I've been about facts only. There are so many fake industry ppl online it's frightening.

Even regarding majors - no one knows anything other than those who see the contract.

Anything else is speculation and dangerous thinking cause it's not fact based.

This is from me. I have my Law Clerk Diploma, have released several hip hop albums to the market place for 19 years, I did not perform exceptionally business wise musically but have worked full time the whole time.

That's the source. I have found it tough to turn big profits over time.

If you can - ask someone very successful profit wise. After 19 years I know of only 5 or so now still in the music biz earning a livable income off of music - after costs. That's my reality.

Bless.